Forum Jump:
Old 11-04-2017, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Best 4K UHD - HDR - ATMOS platform and games.

Hey

Few years back I made the shift from hardcore gaming to tv-show, movies and home theatre in general. I know have a huge 65" 4K HDR OLED with 11.2 home theatre with a lot of upgrades in the (near) future (double 18" nearfield subwoofers under the couch with buttkickers to help even more for tactile LFE). As I have watched almost every possible show that there is to watch (I have watched over 120 tv shows from beginning to end, including 10-13 seasons tv shows like supernatural, doctor who, etc) which is why I'm now more focusing on good movies that fit my home theatre (4K HDR ATMOS movies in particular), and I was now wondering about also shifting back to video games. I have heard some good things about the Atmos in Star Wars battlefront, and I have always loved the first one my xbox back in the day.

So my question to you: what platform (Xbox, playstation, or maybe even PC) would be best to try out some of this new formats? And what games should I look for? I would love a game that features them all, but I'm also open to games that only have 1 aspect (only 4K (+HDR) or atmos). Maybe also some games with awesome LFE effects or that fit really with OLED. To help with the suggestions, I would love a game that doesnt necessarily take a lot of time (altough I loved MMORPGs like WOW I spent too much time on those, time I dont want to put in it in this fase of my life) and maybe one that resembles shooters like star wars battlefront or call of duty. That said, I'm litteraly open to all suggestions! Budget is also not a pain point.

Shoot!

HT: Marantz SR7011 + Klipsch Chorus 2 (front) + Klipsch LaScala II (center) + Klipsch Heresy (rear) + 2x pairs small speakers (side surround and front heights) + QS618 (18" horn loaded subwoofer)
Previously owned: Klipsch RP450C,Klipsch Forte II, Q Acoustics 3020, Klipsch R12SW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2017, 06:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 31
As of right now, I do believe there is only two ATMOS enabled games as of right now. As far as hardware, I do believe there is only two options for in-game ATMOS encoding and that is Xbox One & PC.

Epson 5040UB, 110" Elite Screen, Marantz 7702 MKII, Emotiva XPA-2, 3x Emotiva XPA-1, Emotiva UPA-5, Rotel RB-1050, Paradigm Studio 100's V3 (Towers), Paradigm CC-570 V3 (Center), Niles HDFX (Surround), Niles HD8 (Surround Back), 4x Speakercraft AIM7 THREE Series 2 (Atmos/DTSX), 2x Epik Conquest 18" 1000 watt (Subwoofers), (Xbox One/Wii U/PS4 Pro)-------Next on the list: Two rows of three Octane Seating - Turbo XL700 & Bass Shakers.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I think the new Xbox One X is the only console that can do true (not upscale) 4K/UHD and HDR gaming.

Old 12-01-2017, 09:51 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Does HDR10, Dolby Vision, BT.2020, apply to games as well ? Because some receivers only support that on some of the HDMI inputs. I know some HDMI can be re-assigned but most company websites don't list that feature.

Looking forward to getting an XBox One X soon after I get a 4k TV.

Thanks !
Old 01-16-2018, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 19
See this thread for Dolby Atmos in games and such:
Dolby Atmos for GAMING thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement