Remote Control Area > Lost the remote to my surround sound system. I need help!!!!
yankeeb2's Avatar yankeeb2 06:45 PM 11-09-2005
I have a sourround system that I bought off some guy in a parking lot. Its called Kirsch LoudSpeakers. The model number is K10. The only way this sorround sound system will work is only with the remote. The reciever is built into the subwoofer box. It all in one piece. I can not find any information about this company for me to order a new remote. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how I can find a solution to my problem. Thanks.

Hi Ho's Avatar Hi Ho 06:49 PM 11-09-2005
You could buy a remote like the Harmony which might have the proper codes but I'm guessing the remote would cost more than the system.

In other words, you may be out of luck. I can't imagine that you paid very much for a system like that, however. Maybe try Ebay?

EDIT: A Google search brings up THIS website as the first result. Doesn't look too promising.
davdev's Avatar davdev 11:06 AM 11-15-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Ho
You could buy a remote like the Harmony which might have the proper codes but I'm guessing the remote would cost more than the system.

In other words, you may be out of luck. I can't imagine that you paid very much for a system like that, however. Maybe try Ebay?

EDIT: A Google search brings up THIS website as the first result. Doesn't look too promising.

I love that site. Everyone there should be forced to where a sign that says, "I am a moron". That way I know to avoid them, or maybe try to sell them a bridge.

Who would ever give some guy in a parking lot $1000 for speakers that they can't even to test if they work.

I would love for these "salesmen" to come up to me, I think I could have a lot of fun.
Cucuy's Avatar Cucuy 11:42 AM 11-15-2005
Yeah and after they know they have been scammed they still ask about how to get to get their money back. :rolleyes:
davdev's Avatar davdev 12:39 PM 11-15-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucuy
Yeah and after they know they have been scammed they still ask about how to get to get their money back. :rolleyes:

Or they ask where the can get it repaired through warranty
Guindalf's Avatar Guindalf 03:21 PM 11-15-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeb2
I have a sourround system that I bought off some guy in a parking lot.

I have some prime swamp land in Florida I'd like to sell you. Meet me in the parking lot and I'll see what I can do. I'll be the one holding the Uzi.

:rolleyes:
vince2's Avatar vince2 01:38 PM 11-16-2005
Hi yankee. I do custom systems around here and I just finished a high end install and have a remote left over. It's just the one you need for your system. We normally sell them for $2000, but I'll let you have it right out of my van for $300. Just don't tell my boss. PM me if you're interested, or just plain ......
Edmund's Avatar Edmund 02:14 PM 11-16-2005
greeno's Avatar greeno 02:15 PM 11-16-2005
Pick up a cheap one-for-all universal remote. I'll bet that one of the setup codes in a modern model will work for you. It might take awhile to work through the list. Try this one as a starting point
http://bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1051826212660

there are others out there, but OFA (one-for-all) stays up on setup codes. buy it from a place locally with a good return policy. If it works out, then keep it. If not then return it.

jeff
davdev's Avatar davdev 04:19 PM 11-16-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund

Ha!

Something I just noticed, from the couple of links people have sent 3/4's of the people scammed seem to be from either Texas or PA. Weird, I can see Texas, but PA seems brighter, plus you figure the Amish wouldn't need this stuff :)
Up
View Full Version