Forum Jump:
Old 10-27-2009, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking into buying a ZVOX 325. Their product info indicates that the TV has to have a variable audio output option to control volume with the TV remote. My new Samsung LN40b630 appears to have only fixed so it appears I won't be able to use the TV remote to control the volume. I have dish network and actually use that remote to control the volume. The dish network manual does indicate some way to control volume on a home theatre via the auxiliary button. I am wondering if this would work? Does anyone have experience with this situation who has a TV that only has fixed audio and how did they resolve. I am trying to avoid using the separate ZVOX remote to control volume.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2009, 10:44 AM

The ZVOX Audio "IR codes" aren't programmed into any of the preprogrammed remotes. The best value way to consolidate to one remote with a ZVOX Audio speaker is to purchase a universal remote with "learning" function. The Sony RM-VL600 and Universal WR7 are two examples under $25. Each probably has codes for the other gear in your system "pre-programmed". With either, you need to place the ZVOX Remote and the universal remote tip-to-tip, then copy each of the ZVOX Audio functions into the universal remote. Most people copy Power, Mute, Vol Up and Vol Down. You can also program PhaseCue Up, PhaseCue Down and Subwoofer Up, Subwoofer Down if you think you will use those controls a lot.

You could also purchase any of the Logitech Harmony remotes, which start at about $65 on Amazon. Logitech includes ZVOX Audio control codes in their on line database.

ZVOX_Fred, from ZVOX Audio
Old 11-10-2009, 01:46 PM
online-shashki Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2261 Post(s)
Liked: 3099
I own the identical hdtv. I also own the Zvox 550 and have DirecTV. On your TV's speaker menu all you have to do is check the remote speaker box. My DirecTV remote controls the Zvox sound level. However, and as the Zvox representative stated, if you want to control other aspects (such as Phasecue) you might want to get a programmable remote.

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 amp & C48 preamp, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95, dbx 3BX, and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek E5Bi (were rebadged to R5Bi), RBH/EMP Tek R55Ti, PSA S3000i, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:50 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
how do you like the 550? thinking of getting it for my parents to work with their samsung plasma.... do you know if i can use the cablevision remote to control the volume on the zvox? thanks..
Old 11-19-2009, 10:38 AM
online-shashki Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2261 Post(s)
Liked: 3099
Arthur. As long as everyone understand that Zvox does not manufacturer a 5.1 (or higher) system, then your parents should be quite pleased with the sound of the 550 (check out the reviews on Amazon ... I also reviewed this product there). If they expect "surround" sound, they may be disappointed. I have an average size room and the 550 seems more than adequate. For smaller rooms, the 525 might be a nice choice. For larger rooms, probably the 575. BTW, Zvox use medium density fiberboard and not plastic, so the quality is there.

As long as your parent's TV has a remote speaker menu setting, I don't see why the cable company's remote wouldn't work.

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 amp & C48 preamp, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95, dbx 3BX, and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek E5Bi (were rebadged to R5Bi), RBH/EMP Tek R55Ti, PSA S3000i, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I am experimenting with a Zvox 550. Has anyone been able to program their UR5U-8400 universal remote (time warner scientific american 8300 DVR) to control the zvox volume. My Panny TCP46G10 does not have adjustable external volume outputs-that i can tell

Zevox offers 4 digit remote codes in their manual but this remote, to my knowledge only offers three digit codes.

Thanks all for the help from a newbie.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:25 PM

The ZVOX Audio 550 may respond to codes from the following manufacturer names: Candle, Hisense or Aiwa. You should try any of the numeric codes listed for these brands to see if the 550 will respond.

Or you can use the $20 Sony remote I recommend in an earlier entry on this thread. I will directly copy the ZVOX Audio commands. It will probably have the commands for your other equipment programmed into to it. This remote also "locks" control of the volume buttons to a single device and the channel buttons to a single device. This makes it quite convenient.
Fred from ZVOX Audio
Old 01-04-2010, 05:19 PM

Follow the Dish Network instructions for programming the AUX button and enter 0654, both the volume and mute buttons will work on the remote. The power button doesn't work, but it isn't needed if the speaker is set to auto on/off mode.

Chuck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement