Forum Jump:
post #1 of 4 Old 09-07-2013, 06:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have successfully set up the Yamaha RX V675 receiver. I have the unit hardwired to my network and able to play music via Media Player from my computer. However I cannot get AirPlay & ITunes to select the receiver and play music. The computer is set up to share and stream files. The receiver is seen on the network map. All is set for sharing. ITunes sees the receiver listed in the AirPlay icon; but when I click the icon it will not take a check mark or connect and stream the music.

I have updated the firmware on the receiver and my routers. I have shut everything off and back on again. I have ITunes version 10.2.2.14. I have shut off firewall protections. I have shut off my security software.

I am at a lost because I know it is connected by hard wire to my network. All other network functions work on the receiver. Just that when in ITunes the receiver shows on the speaker choice list; but will not allow me to check it on to use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-07-2013, 08:35 AM
online-shashki Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1359 Post(s)
Liked: 876
You'll get better luck posting this in the Receivers forum...

Can you Airplay from an iOS device (iPod, iPad, iPhone) to the receiver? That would help narrow down the problem...

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
NOTE: If you find dead photo links in any of my posts, please PM me and I will fix it.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-07-2013, 09:45 AM

hello,I finally got it to work.I hooked up the ethernet cable from the receiver to the router.Like you I was having trouble but I went into my add ons in the computer settings and saw that computer saw the receiver.I clicked on the icon that said yamaha and there was a ip address in the box.I took that Ip address and went to the receiver set up on the tv and set that number to match the one on the computer and bang it worked..

works great great thing to have.

Good luck.

post #4 of 4 Old 10-15-2013, 05:48 AM

Hi Canada58,

Good to know that its works for you!...

I too have the same problem with Yamaha RX-V675 & Airplay. It is not working for me after I followed the steps given by you ( changing to Static IP).

Anyone has a solution to this?

MR

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Tags
Yamaha Rx V675 7 2 Channel Network Av Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page