248Likes
Old 01-15-2018, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter
online-shashki Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2046 Post(s)
Liked: 3820
DIYSG Website updates

Hey guys looks like some of the items are now showing up on DIYSG's website along with price for there subwoofer box line up. What does everyone think.
filtor1, Jk7.2, Pradeep2 and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2018, 04:34 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 215
DIYSG Website updates

Not going to find a BB, CNC cut cabinet anywhere else for cheaper! An additional $170-$200 for flawless assembly and ready for paint is pretty reasonable too!
I just need some 24’s now
femi and Pradeep2 like this.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 678 Post(s)
Liked: 1087
DIYSG Website updates

I’d prefer just flat packs for the subwoofer lineup. Looks like the assembly fee and shipping may be cost prohibitive for some like me.
All I’m saying is id probably cut and assemble my own boxes for more bang for the buck. That’s just me. Still with using these offerings one can have an amazing cost effective subwoofer setup.

Edit:
Lol after seeing the exploded internal view of those boxes it’s a wonder they are the price they are! Holy smokes those are some beefy enclosures!
tential and Phonzo07 like this.

Last edited by Jk7.2; 01-17-2018 at 06:02 AM.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

The 18 inch ported sub box takes 3 sheets of Baltic Birch at 150$ for all three sheets that’s a cheaper price than what I can get for in Chicago land burbs. Where at 64$ a sheet, not a bad deal to have a finished box ready to go just throw some paint on it and install the driver.
So who’s going to be the first to buy a few of these.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:57 PM

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 948 Post(s)
Liked: 792
I'd like to convince myself I'm in the market for a spring fever cure to up-grade-itis but I'm saving for the 2nd generation of the DIRAC88 . . soon

that said. perusing the site as a possibility thinker, it's a target rich environment, it's the right stuff for all the right reasons.

what I liked 2 interations ago was the forums, seemed to contain much more diversity of thought and application and extrapolation

like a
volt 6 or 8 or 10 with PR's instead of ports, and quite a few other "what if" questions

like: could the Volt10LX be made to dig deeper is it had 2 x 10" PR's, give a good reach solidly to 35 hz for full range . . .

BUT

by all means download the Danley clips/ test/ demo files posted by Bill Waslo way back in 2014,

DIY guys like to keep an open mind for "what's around the corner and/or maybe just over the horizon"

and good demo files just help . . .

i swear that sometimes I'd rather sit and listen to the demo files, just to feel re-assured of (maybe) being on the right path thru the rabbit hole,

knowing full well there is no such thing . . but the journey (and the online-shashki crowd) (and others) - priceless

and a tip of the HATLO HAT to the crew at DIYSG.

DIY FAN Denon X5200, ATI A 2000 for 7.4.6 SCATMOS/DSU Sammy 82" 4K/HDR
L/R: Fusion 15 V2, C: 88 Special, SL/SR: 88 Special(V2), RL/RR: F-3, TF/TR: Volt 6's TM: SLX, FH: F4Q4
SUBMAXIMUS,, Submaximus V3,LOWARHORNCustom Dual Driver VBSS,2 x 6000DSP
online-shashkiforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/1485120-submaximus-large-front-loaded-horn
/forum/155-di...orn-build.html
Old 01-15-2018, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by asarose247 View Post
I'd like to convince myself I'm in the market for a spring fever cure to up-grade-itis but I'm saving for the 2nd generation of the DIRAC88 . . soon

that said. perusing the site as a possibility thinker, it's a target rich environment, it's the right stuff for all the right reasons.

what I liked 2 interations ago was the forums, seemed to contain much more diversity of thought and application and extrapolation

like a

volt 6 or 8 or 10 with PR's instead of ports, and quite a few other "what if" questions

like: could the Volt10LX be made to dig deeper is it had 2 x 10" PR's, give a good reach solidly to 35 hz for full range . . .

BUT

by all means download the Danley clips/ test/ demo files posted by Bill Waslo way back in 2014,

DIY guys like to keep an open mind for "what's around the corner and/or maybe just over the horizon"

and good demo files just help . . .

i swear that sometimes I'd rather sit and listen to the demo files, just to feel re-assured of (maybe) being on the right path thru the rabbit hole,

knowing full well there is no such thing . . but the journey (and the online-shashki crowd) (and others) - priceless

and a tip of the HATLO HAT to the crew at DIYSG.

I hear ya I do the same some times and just listen to demo clips. It puts a smile on my face every time! Do you see Luke’s latest YouTube video 130db plus a playing that low in his room those are some serious numbers! The rabbit hole never ends I keep telling my self I’m going to get my fox body mustang soon but then find myself buying more subs or speaker kits.... This hobby is very addictive!!!
kaiforce and Jk7.2 like this.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 74
I'm just looking for the Cinema-8 to come back in stock... and for a local buyer for my B&W P6s and CDMC SE.
bebb likes this.

Epson HC 3000 | Silver Ticket 106" 16:9 1.0 Grey | Marantz SR6011 | B&W P6 | B&W CDMC SE | Sonance .5 THX SUR | 4x MCM 50-14055 In-Ceiling Atmos | Ascendant Avalanche 12" in 6 ft^3 @ 18Hz w/ BASH 500w Plate Amp | Samsung UBD-K8500 | NVidia Shield TV Pro '17 | Tivo Premiere4 | XBox One 500gb | Harmony Ultimate & Hub | Comcast | Netflix | Amazon Prime | YouTube TV | Vudu | Hulu Plus
Old 01-15-2018, 07:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Prices look very good for something prebuilt at this kind of quality and customizable. Just a weird thought though, does DIYSG operate in a gigantic warehouse or is out of someone’s garage?? This stuff / CNC equipment must take up quite a bit of space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2018, 08:16 PM

The DIYSg business plan and its execution in the modern marketplace is highly analogous and prosperous as that used by the Keebler company.

as far as i know . . .

L/R: Fusion 15 V2, C: 88 Special, SL/SR: 88 Special(V2), RL/RR: F-3, TF/TR: Volt 6's TM: SLX, FH: F4Q4
online-shashkiforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/1485120-submaximus-large-front-loaded-horn
Old 01-15-2018, 08:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng-399 View Post
IDK, with a little make-up cocaine looks like she would be pretty.
madpirahna, femi, eng-399 and 1 others like this.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:20 PM

Mentioned: 225 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1657 Post(s)
Liked: 2181
The new website is almost ready to go and that's what I've been spending most of my time working on. There was a strange issue with how FedEx was calculating the shipping when certain things were added to the cart, but as far as I can tell that got fixed today. So hopefully the new site template can be moved over really soon once I check over everything. If anyone wants to help look over things for typical spelling errors and things like that, just let me know and I'll send a link to where it's being worked on.

I just quickly copy/pasted the cost break down of those monster cabinets to the current site just in case people were curious about cost. The cabinet guy is suppose to look over all the numbers in more detail and make sure it's all correct, but he said it should be good. I might also look into some cheaper models that aren't so beefed up.

Flat packs on those larger cabinets could probably be done but you would really need to know what you're doing to assemble them right. Having interlocking braces like that also match up in rabbet joints on every panel is not easy. If things aren't perfectly square with each piece, the cabinet won't go together. Especially with the ones that have the captured inner baffle.

The main idea on those cabinets was to get full kits with programmed amps and woofers. Any manufacturer discounts would help cover shipping or lower the price of the enclosures.

Old 01-16-2018, 01:59 AM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked: 398
I obviously cant buy a CNC pack but if I lived back home and had the same job I definitely would. I am having a friend cut some panels for me now because I just dont have the time. But could assemble something like what is being offered pretty quickly. So I think for the money these are a great buy.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:16 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich H View Post
The new website is almost ready to go and that's what I've been spending most of my time working on. There was a strange issue with how FedEx was calculating the shipping when certain things were added to the cart, but as far as I can tell that got fixed today. So hopefully the new site template can be moved over really soon once I check over everything. If anyone wants to help look over things for typical spelling errors and things like that, just let me know and I'll send a link to where it's being worked on.

I just quickly copy/pasted the cost break down of those monster cabinets to the current site just in case people were curious about cost. The cabinet guy is suppose to look over all the numbers in more detail and make sure it's all correct, but he said it should be good. I might also look into some cheaper models that aren't so beefed up.

Flat packs on those larger cabinets could probably be done but you would really need to know what you're doing to assemble them right. Having interlocking braces like that also match up in rabbet joints on every panel is not easy. If things aren't perfectly square with each piece, the cabinet won't go together. Especially with the ones that have the captured inner baffle.

The main idea on those cabinets was to get full kits with programmed amps and woofers. Any manufacturer discounts would help cover shipping or lower the price of the enclosures.
Thanks Eric, pricing on the assembled cabinets is lower than I expected. How much will it be for the optional 4th recessed baffle layer for the 24? Curious to see how much it costs to ship a pallet to me when you have them available to put in the cart.

From your description these are designed/built for more robustness than your standard flat packs.

Are you still proceeding with amp/cabinet combos?
Old 01-16-2018, 05:58 AM

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:

I would be more than happy to help you look through the website for any obvious errors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2018, 06:18 PM

having delved deeper into the forums,
unfortunately some good info and pics lost to "photobucket 3rd party hosting debacle"

Old 01-16-2018, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 1508 Post(s)
Liked: 1163
Quote:
Have there been rumors or announcements about a replacement unit? Perhaps something with more channels, or (I can dare to dream) a double-height unit with XLR connections instead of those phoenix terminals?

HT: Sony 940C, Oppo 203, Harman/Kardon DPR1001, Infinity Interlude IL40 x2, Infinity Interlude IL36C, Infinity MS-1 ii x2, Infinity MSW-1
Computer: Elac Uni-Fi UB5 x2, Elac Element EA101EQ integrated amp, SVS SB-12NSD
Dedicated 2-channel: Infinity Intermezzo 4.1t towers, Bluesound Node 2, Emotiva PT-100, Crown XLS 1502, Furman PL-8C
Old 01-16-2018, 06:56 PM

Mentioned: 225 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1657 Post(s)
Liked: 2181
I've been working on the new site so long I forgot that the current site didn't show any internal drawings.

These are really......really beefy and all Baltic birch. This helps explain what I meant about them being a bit difficult to assemble.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name: Sealed_24_Subwoofer_flatpack_exp.jpg
Views: 1362
Size: 133.6 KB
ID: 2346832 Click image for larger version

Name: Ported_18_Cabinet_exp.jpg
Views: 1355
Size: 135.1 KB
ID: 2346834

Old 01-16-2018, 11:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
I've been working on the new site so long I forgot that the current site didn't show any internal drawings.

These are really......really beefy and all Baltic birch. This helps explain what I meant about them being a bit difficult to assemble.

Definitely seems like it is tricky, but I'm sure many of us would still like a shot at it!
If it works for you of course, either way, I'm happy.

$1.7k for the 24 inch + subwoofer from SI.

Nice!
Jk7.2 likes this.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:05 AM
online-shashki Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 574 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2678 Post(s)
Liked: 3145
cool.
Erich H and Jk7.2 like this.

Listen. It's All Good.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:24 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hopkins View Post
I'm just looking for the Cinema-8 to come back in stock... and for a local buyer for my B&W P6s and CDMC SE.
Is it bad that I gave my B&W stuff away?

Marantz SR6010 Onkyo 636 Onkyo NR801
Epson 3700 Sammy 55JS7000 Sammy K8500 Toshiba HD DVD Sony UBP-X800
Fusion F15's (LCR) Fusion 8's (SS) -JBL Studio Monitor 4406 - SVS SB1000 >BIC F12 Sub
TruAudio Revolve 8" - atmos
Old 01-17-2018, 05:20 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 923 Post(s)
Liked: 503
Quote:
Dear lord! What do you call that? Puzzle Subwoofer?

Revel Ultima Salon 2, Revel M106, Revel C208, Yamaha P5000S, Denon X5200, Panasonic 65" VT50, Dual VBSS w Faital 18FH510
Kef LS50, Parasound New Classic, Focusrite 2i4 2nd Gen
Old 01-17-2018, 06:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic teletubby View Post
Is it bad that I gave my B&W stuff away?
Nope, I can barely sell mine. I trashed my Bose because I didin't want someone else to have something that sounded so terrible.
Blorton, chrapladm, Javs and 1 others like this.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
having delved deeper into the forums,
unfortunately some good info and pics lost to "photobucket 3rd party hosting debacle"
Chrome extension - Photobucket hotlink fix

Its magic
boardthis74 and Nexgen76 like this.

2000 watts of power and climbing

-Fred
Old 01-17-2018, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I for one plan on ordering one of these the moment they are available! Which driver is recommended for the large ported cube?
Old 01-17-2018, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1629 Post(s)
Liked: 1470
Quote:

Wow! Very cool designs. Nice job.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 190
I saw the 18" Ported cabinet is listed at 8cf, is that Net cf or Gross?

How many of these can be safely stuffed onto a pallet? 2?

I am very happy to see the evolution of the site and the project/business. There are a ton of us that don't have the time or space to build. These assembled enclosures still let those of us like that to still participate in the hobby by retaining some creative influence over the project.

I have been weighing a pair of these as an option, but are unsure if they would integrate with my current project. I wish they were available last year before I started on the 14.5cf monsters I am currently working on. This wouldn't even be a conversation.

Chris
Old 01-17-2018, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Any estimate when the assembled cabs will be available for ordering?

Quote:

Old 01-17-2018, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Has anyone run DIYSG's subwoofer sub enclosure options through the software that shows their performance/output across the frequency range with the most common drivers? I'd love to know how their 24" sealed, 18" ported, and Stonehenge options stack up against the 21" cabinet designed by @eng-399 . Whenever my theater is finally built, I have been leaning toward asking @eng-399 to help me design a box nearly identical to his. However, I'd have to lean on a couple friends to help me build the box -- I have no experience or skills. As a result, purchasing a pre-constructed box is tempting too.

I'm definitely going to purchase pre-constructed boxes for my future HTM-12s.

Old 01-17-2018, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Old 01-17-2018, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Is that Q3 of 2018? That's what I've read about DIRAC 2.0

NAD 758 v3 with Dirac 7.2.4
2 x Paradigm Prestige 75F's
1 x Paradigm Prestige 55C
8 x Paradigm CI Pro P65-R's
Sub 2 x Rythmik LVX12's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement