• 4 Post By Erich H
post #1 of 14 Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter
online-shashki Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 336 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1899 Post(s)
Liked: 3457
DIYSG Website updates

Hey guys looks like some of the items are now showing up on DIYSG's website along with price for there subwoofer box line up. What does everyone think.
unretarded, Jk7.2 and Pradeep2 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 199
DIYSG Website updates

Not going to find a BB, CNC cut cabinet anywhere else for cheaper! An additional $170-$200 for flawless assembly and ready for paint is pretty reasonable too!
I just need some 24’s now
Pradeep2 likes this.
post #3 of 14 Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 901
DIYSG Website updates

I’d prefer just flat packs for the subwoofer lineup. Looks like the assembly fee and shipping may be cost prohibitive for some like me.
All I’m saying is id probably cut and assemble my own boxes for more bang for the buck. That’s just me. Still with using these offerings one can have an amazing cost effective subwoofer setup.
tential and Phonzo07 like this.

Last edited by Jk7.2; Yesterday at 05:52 PM.

post #4 of 14 Old Yesterday, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

The 18 inch ported sub box takes 3 sheets of Baltic Birch at 150$ for all three sheets that’s a cheaper price than what I can get for in Chicago land burbs. Where at 64$ a sheet, not a bad deal to have a finished box ready to go just throw some paint on it and install the driver.
So who’s going to be the first to buy a few of these.
Jk7.2, asarose247, 18Hurts and 1 others like this.
post #5 of 14 Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 904 Post(s)
Liked: 737
I'd like to convince myself I'm in the market for a spring fever cure to up-grade-itis but I'm saving for the 2nd generation of the DIRAC88 . . soon

that said. perusing the site as a possibility thinker, it's a target rich environment, it's the right stuff for all the right reasons.

what I liked 2 interations ago was the forums, seemed to contain much more diversity of thought and application and extrapolation

like a
volt 6 or 8 or 10 with PR's instead of ports, and quite a few other "what if" questions

like: could the Volt10LX be made to dig deeper is it had 2 x 10" PR's, give a good reach solidly to 35 hz for full range . . .

BUT

by all means download the Danley clips/ test/ demo files posted by Bill Waslo way back in 2014,

DIY guys like to keep an open mind for "what's around the corner and/or maybe just over the horizon"

and good demo files just help . . .

i swear that sometimes I'd rather sit and listen to the demo files, just to feel re-assured of (maybe) being on the right path thru the rabbit hole,

knowing full well there is no such thing . . but the journey (and the online-shashki crowd) (and others) - priceless

and a tip of the HATLO HAT to the crew at DIYSG.

DIY FAN Denon X5200, ATI A 2000 for 7.4.6 SCATMOS/DSU Sammy 82" 4K/HDR
L/R: Fusion 15 V2, C: 88 Special, SL/SR: 88 Special(V2), RL/RR: F-3, TF/TR: Volt 6's TM: SLX, FH: F4Q4
SUBMAXIMUS,, Submaximus V3,LOWARHORNCustom Dual Driver VBSS,2 x 6000DSP
online-shashkiforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/1485120-submaximus-large-front-loaded-horn
/forum/155-di...orn-build.html
post #6 of 14 Old Yesterday, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by asarose247 View Post
I'd like to convince myself I'm in the market for a spring fever cure to up-grade-itis but I'm saving for the 2nd generation of the DIRAC88 . . soon

that said. perusing the site as a possibility thinker, it's a target rich environment, it's the right stuff for all the right reasons.

what I liked 2 interations ago was the forums, seemed to contain much more diversity of thought and application and extrapolation

like a

volt 6 or 8 or 10 with PR's instead of ports, and quite a few other "what if" questions

like: could the Volt10LX be made to dig deeper is it had 2 x 10" PR's, give a good reach solidly to 35 hz for full range . . .

BUT

by all means download the Danley clips/ test/ demo files posted by Bill Waslo way back in 2014,

DIY guys like to keep an open mind for "what's around the corner and/or maybe just over the horizon"

and good demo files just help . . .

i swear that sometimes I'd rather sit and listen to the demo files, just to feel re-assured of (maybe) being on the right path thru the rabbit hole,

knowing full well there is no such thing . . but the journey (and the online-shashki crowd) (and others) - priceless

and a tip of the HATLO HAT to the crew at DIYSG.

I hear ya I do the same some times and just listen to demo clips. It puts a smile on my face every time! Do you see Luke’s latest YouTube video 130db plus a playing that low in his room those are some serious numbers! The rabbit hole never ends I keep telling my self I’m going to get my fox body mustang soon but then find myself buying more subs or speaker kits.... This hobby is very addictive!!!
Jk7.2 and kaiforce like this.
post #7 of 14 Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I'm just looking for the Cinema-8 to come back in stock... and for a local buyer for my B&W P6s and CDMC SE.
bebb likes this.

post #8 of 14 Old Yesterday, 08:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Prices look very good for something prebuilt at this kind of quality and customizable. Just a weird thought though, does DIYSG operate in a gigantic warehouse or is out of someone’s garage?? This stuff / CNC equipment must take up quite a bit of space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #9 of 14 Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 904 Post(s)
Liked: 737
The DIYSg business plan and its execution in the modern marketplace is highly analogous and prosperous as that used by the Keebler company.

as far as i know . . .

DIY FAN Denon X5200, ATI A 2000 for 7.4.6 SCATMOS/DSU Sammy 82" 4K/HDR
L/R: Fusion 15 V2, C: 88 Special, SL/SR: 88 Special(V2), RL/RR: F-3, TF/TR: Volt 6's TM: SLX, FH: F4Q4
SUBMAXIMUS,, Submaximus V3,LOWARHORNCustom Dual Driver VBSS,2 x 6000DSP
online-shashkiforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/1485120-submaximus-large-front-loaded-horn
/forum/155-di...orn-build.html
post #10 of 14 Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng-399 View Post
IDK, with a little make-up cocaine looks like she would be pretty.
18Hurts and eng-399 like this.
post #11 of 14 Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM

Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1571 Post(s)
Liked: 2004
The new website is almost ready to go and that's what I've been spending most of my time working on. There was a strange issue with how FedEx was calculating the shipping when certain things were added to the cart, but as far as I can tell that got fixed today. So hopefully the new site template can be moved over really soon once I check over everything. If anyone wants to help look over things for typical spelling errors and things like that, just let me know and I'll send a link to where it's being worked on.

I just quickly copy/pasted the cost break down of those monster cabinets to the current site just in case people were curious about cost. The cabinet guy is suppose to look over all the numbers in more detail and make sure it's all correct, but he said it should be good. I might also look into some cheaper models that aren't so beefed up.

Flat packs on those larger cabinets could probably be done but you would really need to know what you're doing to assemble them right. Having interlocking braces like that also match up in rabbet joints on every panel is not easy. If things aren't perfectly square with each piece, the cabinet won't go together. Especially with the ones that have the captured inner baffle.

The main idea on those cabinets was to get full kits with programmed amps and woofers. Any manufacturer discounts would help cover shipping or lower the price of the enclosures.

post #12 of 14 Old Today, 02:59 AM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 963 Post(s)
Liked: 366
I obviously cant buy a CNC pack but if I lived back home and had the same job I definitely would. I am having a friend cut some panels for me now because I just dont have the time. But could assemble something like what is being offered pretty quickly. So I think for the money these are a great buy.
post #13 of 14 Old Today, 04:16 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich H View Post
The new website is almost ready to go and that's what I've been spending most of my time working on. There was a strange issue with how FedEx was calculating the shipping when certain things were added to the cart, but as far as I can tell that got fixed today. So hopefully the new site template can be moved over really soon once I check over everything. If anyone wants to help look over things for typical spelling errors and things like that, just let me know and I'll send a link to where it's being worked on.

I just quickly copy/pasted the cost break down of those monster cabinets to the current site just in case people were curious about cost. The cabinet guy is suppose to look over all the numbers in more detail and make sure it's all correct, but he said it should be good. I might also look into some cheaper models that aren't so beefed up.

Flat packs on those larger cabinets could probably be done but you would really need to know what you're doing to assemble them right. Having interlocking braces like that also match up in rabbet joints on every panel is not easy. If things aren't perfectly square with each piece, the cabinet won't go together. Especially with the ones that have the captured inner baffle.

The main idea on those cabinets was to get full kits with programmed amps and woofers. Any manufacturer discounts would help cover shipping or lower the price of the enclosures.
Thanks Eric, pricing on the assembled cabinets is lower than I expected. How much will it be for the optional 4th recessed baffle layer for the 24? Curious to see how much it costs to ship a pallet to me when you have them available to put in the cart.

From your description these are designed/built for more robustness than your standard flat packs.

Are you still proceeding with amp/cabinet combos?
post #14 of 14 Old Today, 06:58 AM

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich H View Post

I would be more than happy to help you look through the website for any obvious errors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page