HD DVD Players > Toshiba HD-DVD Remote Codes
blueenergy's Avatar blueenergy 05:03 PM 01-31-2007
Does anyone know what the 4 digit remote code is for the Toshiba HD-DVD players? I have Onkyo receiver I am trying to configure the remote which is not a learning remote. The Onkyo remote manual lists Toshiba DVD remote codes 1045, 1154, 1510. None of these work with the HD-A2.

I don't know if these 4 digit code are universal code for other remotes or not.

kenhoeve's Avatar kenhoeve 10:53 PM 01-31-2007
you need a universal remote. then go to remotecentral.com and search. you'll find your codes.
blueenergy's Avatar blueenergy 08:04 AM 02-01-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhoeve View Post

you need a universal remote. then go to remotecentral.com and search. you'll find your codes.

I did check remotecentral.com before posting here, but only found unanswered questions. The Onkyo remote works fine will all my other devices just need the code for the Toshiba. I also sent Toshiba and Onkyo an email asking for the same thing hopefully somebody knows the code. Hate to have to test all 10,000 codes.
bobgpsr's Avatar bobgpsr 08:10 AM 02-01-2007
himey's Avatar himey 08:11 AM 02-01-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueenergy View Post

I did check remotecentral.com before posting here, but only found unanswered questions. The Onkyo remote works fine will all my other devices just need the code for the Toshiba. I also sent Toshiba and Onkyo an email asking for the same thing hopefully somebody knows the code. Hate to have to test all 10,000 codes.

I spent some time looking the other night and never found a 4 digit code for my radio shack 8 in 1 remote. The one for Toshiba SD-DVD's did not work and I never found another working code either. I am out of memory on the remote so learning the codes is not an option for me. Not sure what my plan B will be for me.Eric
himey's Avatar himey 08:13 AM 02-01-2007
Looking at the link above JP1 is my only other option? (other than getting a new remote)
blueenergy's Avatar blueenergy 11:24 AM 02-01-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobgpsr View Post

see: /avs-vb/showt...&&#post7949024

also: /avs-vb/showt...&&#post8005179

I saw of these before, they seem to relate the RS-232 port on the HD-A1. The HD-A2 does not have a RS-232.
blueenergy's Avatar blueenergy 11:31 AM 02-01-2007
Got an email reply from Toshiba already, very surprised by the quick turnaround.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshiba Customer Service View Post

Regrettably, we do not have any information about what code number or even whether or not a universal remote will work one of our products. That is, we do not know if the frequency on which our products operate will "translate" into a code number in another brand's remote or an after-market universal remote. Our remotes are pre-programmed at the factory to work our products automatically, so there is no "code number" by which they operate or need to be set up.

Other remotes will have codes for different brands of products. In the remote's instructions, if "Toshiba" is listed under the product that you're trying to control, then the codes given for Toshiba would each need to be checked in order to see which, if any, are the frequency to which your particular product will respond. If there is no response, then I recommend you contact the manufacturer of the remote to see if they have another code that will work or a search method to find a working code.

If you want to replace the original remote please visit the link below. This will allow you to locate a distributor nearest you.

http://tacpservice.toshiba.com/Consu...umer_parts.htm

Please write back if I can assist you further.

Toshiba Customer Service

I hope that Onkyo has done some reasearch and figured out what the new code is.
tonov12's Avatar tonov12 09:19 PM 02-09-2007
did anyone ever come up with a solution to this or where to find the codes?
blueenergy's Avatar blueenergy 07:24 AM 02-10-2007
I did get a reply from Onkyo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkyo View Post

Thank You for contacting Onkyo USA Product Support.
We are sorry for the inconvenience but the most recent codes that we have are printed in the owner's manual. Check with manufacture to see if they know of another manufacture that works along side of their product, Motorola & Jerrold are just one example. If that manufacture is listed then enter in those codes and see if you are able to operate the unit. We can recommend trying the learning process of a remote it is able to learn the commands from other remotes so you can have one remote for all your components.

But again not any help. Can't beleive that it is this hard to get the remote codes Toshiba HD-DVD players have been out for 9+ months. So I am going to pickup a learning remote at a local Radio Shack and see it that works.
Up
View Full Version