83Likes
post #121 of 214 Old 01-24-2016, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by robwop View Post
I know Oppo are great, but I don't want a second machine. Would just like to play my uk dvds on the machine I already have. When you see a company sell the machine you have with region free features at a premium price it just makes me want to know their secret.

Maybe the secret lies with older firmware and the cd with the 6000/kpjc19_1.dvd file.
My BD590 can play pal discs on an ntsc tv. I just can't play discs that are region blocked.

The way around this is to create an iso of the protected disc on dvd decrypter then burn it to a blank dvd.

Does anybody know of any LG engineer/programmer hacks to get to secret screens?

I tried a cd with the 6000/kpjc19_1.dvd file, it sees the folders but not the .dvd file. When you can only choose a file tha'ts either a video, music or picture file it's hard to activate a program.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 214 Old 02-07-2016, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcatmvp1 View Post
Any suggestions? Or is there more than one?
I have a new BD player from jvbdigital.nl. (office in The Netherlands and The United States).

They made their own pro version2 customized region/zone switcher for DVD and BD and build it for you in the new player(if you buy one with multi zone/region) It works in a way like player in standby and select with remote what BD region then turn on player with remote, DVD goes full automatically.
They also sell self made mod kits for DVD players and Blu-Ray players. (DIY kit = Do It Yourself kit, or installed by JVB Digital, you have to send your player to them for the last option)

Their are also some websites that sell mod kits, but most of them need firmware updates (what makes you dependent on the supplier), or don't work at all, so be warned.
The multi region/zone BD players from jvbdigital and mod kits don't need firmware updates for the multi region/zone function, because they build/develop them by themselves with warranty for 2 years.

Anyway, worth to take a look at the given link in this posting.

Last edited by jeroensky; 02-07-2016 at 04:52 PM.
post #123 of 214 Old 02-08-2016, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I live in USA, do I need to get region free mods? I only watch USA bluray and MKV files. Thanks

post #124 of 214 Old 02-09-2016, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvinhj240 View Post
I live in USA, do I need to get region free mods? I only watch USA bluray and MKV files. Thanks
If you only watch region A Bluray discs (north america region) then you don't need it, if you buy a region A player in your region.

But if you want to shop for BluRay / DVD discs international Like America, Europe, Asia, Russia, China, Japan, Africa, Australia and so on then it's recommended (otherwise you can't use them).
Because then the player plays really everything you can buy worldwide. (assuming your TV supports ntsc and pal)

Last edited by jeroensky; 02-09-2016 at 07:54 AM.
post #125 of 214 Old 02-09-2016, 09:53 AM
online-shashki Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Japan Blu-Rays bought for North America do not need a region-free player. Japan is also Zone A.

Also, some players, such as the Oppos, can handle both NTSC and PAL for standard resolution material (i.e. DVDs and some extras on Blu-Ray discs). With these players, your TV does not have to be able to support both formats, though the results can sometimes be a little better if it does. (Remember, NTSC or PAL only apply to standard definition; there is no such thing as PAL or NTSC Blu-Ray.) Region restrictions might apply to this SD material though so on a Japanese Blu-Ray that contained SD extras, you might be able to see the movie fine but not the extras (whether this actually has been the case on any discs, I can't verify; maybe someone else can).

Last edited by JazzGuyy; 02-09-2016 at 10:06 AM.
post #126 of 214 Old 02-09-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGuyy View Post
Japan Blu-Rays bought for North America do not need a region-free player. Japan is also Zone A.

Also, some players, such as the Oppos, can handle both NTSC and PAL for standard resolution material (i.e. DVDs and some extras on Blu-Ray discs). With these players, your TV does not have to be able to support both formats, though the results can sometimes be a little better if it does. (Remember, NTSC or PAL only apply to standard definition; there is no such thing as PAL or NTSC Blu-Ray.) Region restrictions might apply to this SD material though so on a Japanese Blu-Ray that contained SD extras, you might be able to see the movie fine but not the extras (whether this actually has been the case on any discs, I can't verify; maybe someone else can).
Multi = dvd region (sd) and Bluray zone (HD). Only thing you cannot watch with multi players is BD-Live content with region lock server. But hey BD-Live is mostly marketing/commercial streams.(if the server is still up)
post #127 of 214 Old 02-19-2016, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Region Unlock on Samsung BD-H6500

Hello all,

I've been trying to google the region unlock code/sequence for the Samsung BD-H6500 and have had no luck, was wondering if any of you guys have dealt with the same model and know how to unlock it. Thanks!
post #128 of 214 Old 02-19-2016, 12:42 PM
online-shashki Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2458 Post(s)
Liked: 1092
This has been reported to work on the H6500:
http://videohelp.com/dvdhacks/sa...bd-f6500/12129
post #129 of 214 Old 02-27-2016, 08:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Best low cost multi region blu ray player

I just found out that my Sony BLu Ray player can not be modded to be multiregion. So I would like to get a new player but without spending alot.

I just want something that is not too expensive (like $100).

I prefer something that I can grab at Best Buy unless there is a good reason to order a specific model online.

My TV is a Sony XBR-850B

I am eventually getting a Denon 4200 receiver. (Contemplating a 6200 ;-_))
post #130 of 214 Old 02-27-2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kherman View Post
I just found out that my Sony BLu Ray player can not be modded to be multiregion. So I would like to get a new player but without spending alot.

I just want something that is not too expensive (like $100).

I prefer something that I can grab at Best Buy unless there is a good reason to order a specific model online.

My TV is a Sony XBR-850B

I am eventually getting a Denon 4200 receiver. (Contemplating a 6200 ;-_))
I'm pretty sure all Sonys can be hardware modded. I guess you mean you're not willing to send yours off to someone to have the chip installed.

You're not going to find a multi-region player at Best Buy for $100. At that price, you're going to have to go with a generic Chinese player.

If you're willing to go to $150, you can get a Sony from Amazon that's already been modded.
tgm1024 likes this.
post #131 of 214 Old 03-06-2016, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I have Panny DMP-BDT110 which can play all my Region 2 discs with a few remote presses. I just got a disc which will not play, Evangelion 3.33. What are my options? Buy All-region player, Blu Ray drive, firmware hack? Any insight or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

post #132 of 214 Old 03-13-2016, 05:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sony BDP-S4100 and regions

Hi. I have searched an instructions for region hack for Sony BDP-S4100 - for five months...
I have bought region 1 discs, but my player accepts only region 2 discs.
I just want to watch region 1 and region 2 discs.
It would be very nice if someone could help.

My remote control is RMT-B119P. What button is magic button?

But I have found a page in your online-shashkiforum and it (I copy that text below, because link is not allowed) says:
"1. Hold the “magic button” until the LED ON THE REMOTE Flashes twice
2. Switch to DVD by pressing the DVD button.
3. Press 0533 (LED flashes twice)

4. Hold the magic button until the LED on the remote flashes twice.
5. Press 994 (LED flashes twice)
6. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
7. Press 00189
8. Press 1 (This sets it to key 1 – LED flashes twice, if not repeat steps 4 to 8)

9. Hold the magic button until the red led flashes twice.
10. Press 994 (LED flashes twice)
11. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
12. Press 00255
13. Press 2 (this sets it to key 2 - LED flashes twice)

14. Hold the magic button until the red led flashes twice.
15. Press 994 (LED flashes twice)
16. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
17. Press 00095
18. Press 3 (this sets it to key 3 - LED flashes twice)

19. Hold the magic button until the red led flashes twice.
20. Press 994 (LED flashes twice)
21. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
22. Press 00221
23. Press 4 (this sets it to key 4 - LED flashes twice)

24. Hold the magic button until the red led flashes twice.
25. Press 994 (LED flashes twice)
26. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
27. Press 00079
28. Press 5 (this sets it to key 5 - LED flashes twice)

-----------------
The remote is now programmed and ready to use, to make the Sony BDP- S5100 region free:

1. Use the Sony remote that came with the player to bring the player out of standby and make sure there isn't a disc in it.
2. Make sure you have a clear line of sight with the S5100. Press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on the OneForAll remote, one after each other, firmly and with a slight delay between the numbers. There is nothing to indicate that it has worked at this stage. The Sony DVD player should briefly display "OK"
3. Put the player back into standby with the Sony remote. (OFF).
4. Hard reboot machine by unplugging it completely from the power, after a few seconds plug it back in
5. Next time you turn on the player it should be region free for DVD playback.
6. If this doesn’t work the first time it is worth trying again as it is easy to get part of the process wrong.
"

But I don't want to try these steps, because if they do not apply sony BDP-S4100 - and I don't want to break my player.
So, do these steps 1. - 28. and then steps 1. - 6 apply also sony BDP-S4100 ????
Is RMT-B119P ok, or do I need a different remote control?
post #133 of 214 Old 03-13-2016, 07:37 AM

Your remote can't do the hack. The JP1 list in my signature has all the remotes that can.

Last edited by mdavej; 03-13-2016 at 10:21 AM.
post #134 of 214 Old 03-13-2016, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I see, thank You. Because I live in EU, does remote control for my player have to be EU-region
in that JP1 / "Popular and Current remotes"- list? For example URC-7960, I mean that every remote control which is EU-region?
post #135 of 214 Old 03-13-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketball_hockey_Alan View Post
I see, thank You. Because I live in EU, does remote control for my player have to be EU-region
in that JP1 / "Popular and Current remotes"- list? For example URC-7960, I mean that every remote control which is EU-region?
No, the remote can be any one on that list or the old list. EU region will just be easier for you to find locally. It uses a Sony DVD setup code which is present in every JP1 remote going back 15 years at least. Almost every One-for-all brand will work, including the URC-7960. But that model is overkill. You can probably find something cheaper. Doesn't need a Magic button. Set, P, M are all equivalent to the Magic button. In the US, the cheapest option is a Comcast remote which is about $3 on ebay. There may be something similarly cheap in Europe, like the the URC-7740.

In any case, older and newer remotes are going to have a slightly different procedure than the one you posted. Newer ones may use 5 digit setup codes. So 0533 becomes 20533. Older remotes use 3 digit magic codes, so leave off the leading 00. So if one format doesn't work, try the other.

Last edited by mdavej; 03-13-2016 at 10:41 AM.
post #136 of 214 Old 04-12-2016, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Region Free v. Region A/B/C blu ray discs

Hope someone can give me some definitive answers and, if not, best guesses are welcomed.

I have played "region free" blu ray discs without issue but recently bought a "region A/B/C" BD that will not play.

I have an old Sony blu ray player, one of the earliest ones with slow start up...the PQ is great.

My first issue is, how can someone sell a blu ray disc that says will play in region A when it does not?

I emailed company that sold me the disc and the said that blu ray discs listed as "region A/B/C" will generally play on Samsung and LG players but will not on Sony and Panasonic players. Ah, okay I guess.

Before I make another mistake on a future player or future BD's, I plan on going 4K on my next player, the question is should I bother getting a multi-region player (assuming they'll be available in 4K) or am I safe just going Samsung or LG?

Rarely would I pick up a region B or C disc, although occasionally it would be nice, it still may be worth having a region free for those rare occasions.

What is most relevant for me is:
1. Will there be a 4K player that will be region free?
2. Is it true that Samsung and LG players will play BD's encoded as "region A/B/C", including Samsung's new 4K player?

Thanks much everyone. Appreciate the help.
post #137 of 214 Old 04-12-2016, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 28
1. All UHD Bluray's are region free. They have done away with that non-sense.
2. I do not know if a UHD player can play region locked standard BluRays.
post #138 of 214 Old 04-12-2016, 10:01 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Also, if you look and Ebay you can find All Region or Region free modified players to play any region of BluRay disc.

Last edited by CinemaAwakens; 04-12-2016 at 10:01 AM. Reason: typo
post #139 of 214 Old 04-14-2016, 06:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinemaAwakens View Post
1. All UHD Bluray's are region free. They have done away with that non-sense.
2. I do not know if a UHD player can play region locked standard BluRays.
Part of the key is "region free" is encoded differently than "region A/B/C" and I'm trying to figure out why some players will play the ABC discs while others will not. All will play the region free AFAIK.

The question is, will UHD players play all regions of BD's as well. I think the Samsung UHD player is region coded for BD's.
post #140 of 214 Old 04-14-2016, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked: 1599
UHD players will not play region locked regular Blu-rays.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Oppo UDP-203 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
post #141 of 214 Old 04-14-2016, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2487 Post(s)
Liked: 2264
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post
UHD players will not play region locked regular Blu-rays.
Whoa. Really? Just "not A/1" for Region 1 (in Region 1), or do you mean none at all? Does this mean that my entire (minus a couple) BD collection needs my old player?

You're the wife. You're the dead wife. Give me my @#$%ing coin, dead wife.
-Mad Sweeney
post #142 of 214 Old 04-14-2016, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked: 1599
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
Whoa. Really? Just "not A/1" for Region 1 (in Region 1), or do you mean none at all? Does this mean that my entire (minus a couple) BD collection needs my old player?

I'll rephrase/clarify. Regular Blu-rays can be locked by region depending on the title and studio. The UHD player will only play regular Blu-rays from your Region or Region free titles/all region titles (A/B/C).

If you are in Region A, the UHD player will only play Region A or All region Blu-ray discs (A/B/C).
If You are Region B, the UHD player will only play Region B Discs or All Region Blu-ray Discs (A/B/C).
If you are in Region C, your UHD player will only play Region C Blu-rays or All Region Blu-ray Discs (A/B/C).

So, if you are in region A, your disc player will not play a Blu-ray that is locked for region B or C.

DVDs would work the same way. Restricted to your region or region free. I keep my region free player handy for those few titles I do have that are region locked. I've never had a Blu-ray player not play a title that is Region A/B/C. I've used Panasonic, Oppo, and Sony. The only time you might have difficulty, for example, is if you are in region A and try to play a disc that is encoded at 1080i/50.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Oppo UDP-203 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.

Last edited by teachsac; 04-14-2016 at 02:59 PM.
post #143 of 214 Old 04-15-2016, 05:57 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2487 Post(s)
Liked: 2264
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post
I'll rephrase/clarify. Regular Blu-rays can be locked by region depending on the title and studio. The UHD player will only play regular Blu-rays from your Region or Region free titles/all region titles (A/B/C).

If you are in Region A, the UHD player will only play Region A or All region Blu-ray discs (A/B/C).
If You are Region B, the UHD player will only play Region B Discs or All Region Blu-ray Discs (A/B/C).
If you are in Region C, your UHD player will only play Region C Blu-rays or All Region Blu-ray Discs (A/B/C).
But that's how HD BDPs work. It's not centric to UHD, so I was confused why you mentioned it, plus from what you're saying, it's always the case that HD and UHD BDPs will play region free BDs.

EDIT: I now see what you originally meant. You meant to say that just because UHD no longer has an allowance for UHD region locking, it doesn't mean that it won't obey the normal locking procedure for any HD BD you try to play.

You're the wife. You're the dead wife. Give me my @#$%ing coin, dead wife.
-Mad Sweeney
post #144 of 214 Old 04-29-2016, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Playing discs with PAL content on 60Hz TV

How well do blu-ray players handle converting PAL/25fps/50fps content to [email protected]? My new LG UHD TV doesn't support 50Hz, so I need to send everything out as [email protected]

But how do blu-ray players handle it? I own a cheap Seiki region-free player. Does the conversion of PAL framerates to 60Hz. cause any stutter or frame drops at regular intervals due to the conversion? I'm in the US but I own a lot of UK discs and a lot of times the extras are in PAL, either 25fps or 50fps.

My LG UH8500 settings:
/forum/166-lc...l#post43350690
post #145 of 214 Old 05-01-2016, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Region-free unlocking instructions for Blu-Ray and DVD players

Here are full unlocking instructions for more than 1200 models of Bllu-Ray and DVD players/recorders. Afther applaying these simple instructions players/recorders became capable for Blu-ray and DVD media reproduction from all over the world.
post #146 of 214 Old 05-01-2016, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1476 Post(s)
Liked: 2127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane Stojanovic View Post
Here are full unlocking instructions for more than 1200 models of Bllu-Ray ... players/recorders. Afther applaying these simple instructions players/recorders became capable for Blu-ray ... media reproduction from all over the world.
Hmmm...no OPPO players are listed, and all of the Sony, Panasonic, Samsung and LG devices listed are DVD players only.

This site - VideoHelp - is more useful.

Last edited by eljaycanuck; 05-01-2016 at 12:39 PM.
post #147 of 214 Old 05-02-2016, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
4K UHD Multi-Region Blu-Ray Player?

Hi, guys. Trying to find a full 4K uhd multi-region blu-ray player (not one that merely upscales)... anyone have any idea where I can find one? Ebay as well as a bunch of sites I checked out seems to be lousy with players that upscale to 4K yet won't play 4K discs and be multi-region. Someone help.
post #148 of 214 Old 05-04-2016, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 389
There are only a couple of 4k players currently available. You're talking new technology here. BTW, UHD discs won't have any region encoding. Every UHD disc will be all-region.

post #149 of 214 Old 06-12-2016, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Looking for Region B or Region free Blu ray player

Looking for Region B or Region Free bluray player to play in US .
Appreciate your recommendation .

Thanks
post #150 of 214 Old 08-15-2016, 01:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 67
My region-free Momitsu broke, so I finally tried out the Seiki SR4KP1. Don't care for the aesthetics, but it has been fine playing 3 Region B blu-rays so far. Oddly, I didn't even have to input the remote code; it simply played. Strangely, when I threw in "Rock Star", a Region A blu to test that, it would not play. "Real Steel" Region A loaded just fine, though. I'm not too concerned with the glitch for "Rock Star" as I primarily plan to reserve the Seiki for Region B play. I find the operation of the Seiki very good so far -- quick loading and quiet. The Momitsu always made quite a bit of noise during the loading process.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
blu ray , dvd , Lg 55lw5600 55 Inch Class 3d Led Tv Full Hd 1080p Resolution Includes 10 Pairs Of Lg 3d Glasses , Lg Bd590 250gb Hd Network Blu Ray Disc Player , Lg Bd630 Network Blu Ray Disc Player , Lg Bd640 Network Wireless Blu Ray Disc Player , multi region , Oppo Bdp 83 Blu Ray Player , player , region free , Toshiba Bdx1200 Blu Ray Disc Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page