Forum Jump:
Old 07-03-2007, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Please help. Does anybody know a code I can use for Sylvania LC320SS8 to be powered on/off and volume controlled by a comcast remote?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2007, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter

Anyone.........

Anything..........????
Old 07-12-2007, 06:34 AM
online-shashki Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 18
You need to be more specific about which Comcast remote you have, see if you see your remote here:

http://comcast.com/corporate/cus...t/remotes.html

Later, Rob

Select a link for questions on: Remotes, JP1, JP1 Forums
I prefer emails to PMs, my email is rob1 (at) rockabilly (dot) net

Old 07-12-2007, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

I've got the "Comcast Custom DVR 3 Device" (Uses 5 digit codes) and the "Comcast DVR 3-Device" (Uses 4 digit codes) and can't get it to work with either. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 07-18-2007, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Anybody?????????????
Any ideas??????????????????
Old 07-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Kex

DoneDefAG, if I had this problem, I would just get a universal remote. There are so many good choices out there from $15 and up that I would never bother with the remote supplied by the cable company or otherwise.

You get all the advantages of only having one remote, macros to turn everything on or off with one button push, batteries for just one remote, not five ... It just depends if you prefer a Sony RM-VL600, a basic (but good) URC model, a JP-1 type remote (Robman is the expert on these), a Harmony, a professional model URC (MikeSRC is the expert on these) or anything else.

- Prices start at $15.
- There are plenty of excellent options under $50.
- Even better options under $100.
- Amazing options from $100 to $200!
- Almost limitless options and functions beyond $200.

In your case, I would look at the Harmony range since their database of 175,000 devices will only require the model numbers of your equipment to get you going. All that code searching gibberish seems like a bad memory from another era to me. Sorry if this seems unsympathetic, but that would be my prefered solution to your problem if it was my home.

If you are not convinced (and nobody has an answer to your original post), just get the Sony refurbished from Sony direct for $15 and free shipping. You can teach it the commands from the original Sylvania remote if you need to.

http://sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665092997

If you are convinced, on the other hand, I have never had to teach a Harmony anything, since all my equipment was recognized after setup (without those codes). I did tweak some button presses for some devices, but I just used the software, not any learning process.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:48 PM
Advanced Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Actually, Comcast DVR 3-Device remote is a JP1 remote. You could simply get a JP1.x cable and use it to connect the remote to a computer to upload an upgrade file, just like any other JP1 remote. The problem is that no one has made an upgrade file for this TV yet. I could guess that is might be similar to some other Sylvania TV, so if you want to try, you can test something to see if it is.

Use the Comcast remote that accepts 4 digit setup codes and do the following (it will change the setting for AUX device, so remember what you have set it to so you can change it back if you are using it):

1. Press and release AUX
2. Press and hold SETUP until the remote blinks twice
3. Type 0000
4. The remote should blink twice to confirm.
6. Press and release SETUP
7. Point the remote to your TV and type 00221 and hold the last digit (1) a little bit longer.
When you press the last digit, the remote should be sending a signal for POWER. If the TV powered on or off, we have the right protocol and I can show you how to program the remote for the TV.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

@ Kupakai:

Thanks for the help. I tried it but no dice.

@ Kex:

I hear what your saying. I think I'm gonna wait a little longer and see if Comcast updates their code sheets or I can find an answer online. I just got a Harmony 720 for my living room and need to set it up and let the wife test and see if she likes it. I got the Sylvania for the bedroom a few months ago and she won't be to happy if I need to get another remote so soon because according to her we didn't "need" to upgrade the bedroom TV. I don't have much of a leg to stand on either because it was only a year old and worked fine. I am eventually thinking of getting a Harmony 550 if I can't find a code and some time has passed.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:34 AM

I also have the same problem have you had any luck yet?
Old 08-02-2007, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Nothing yet but I'm still looking. Let me know if you find anything and I'll do the same. There must be a code out there that works...
Old 08-31-2007, 06:50 PM

I just got the Sylvania LD320SS8 at BJ's today. Nice set but damned if can find another remote that will work with it. I can't find the code for Comcast remotes either. I also tried both a Universal Replacement remote and a Sony RM-VL600 remotes and neither have codes for it. I'm actually going to have to teach every function of this Sylvania remote to the RM-VL600 for now but what a drag.

How do you all like your Sylvania 32" LCD? Any suggestions for the video setup?

TIA,

ADP
Old 08-31-2007, 08:09 PM
Kex

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeguero View Post

The RM-VL600 is an excellent starter remote (I actually think that anything less is a waste of money), but it has a relatively short list of codes (as do many of these remotes). That is why I would always prefer a Harmony in a situation like this (since they don't use codes at all and C.S. is so good at adding any missing devices).

For the RM-VL600 in the meantime, however, if you think out methodically which button function is going to be mapped to where before you start, the procedure for mapping several buttons one after the other is not as tedious as it might seem (check for the appropriate section in the manual to do this). This is much better than doing it bit by bit or button by button, especially since you will have to use a seperate procedure to erase any mistakes you might make or changes of mind you might have. That IS tedious!
Old 12-17-2007, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

I figured I'd post a quick update:

Love the Harmony 720 that I got for the living room. Wife loves it too.

Still no luck with the codes for the Sylvania for the Comcast remote but the wife got me a Harmony 550 for the bedroom for my birthday. It works great. Had all the codes. Harmony is definitely the way to go.

The Sylvania is great. The picture is just as good as my 50" Samsung DLP. No complaints.

Thanks to all who tried to help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement