Forum Jump:
Old 01-02-2012, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone, I just purchased my frist AVR receiver the Pioneer vsx 1021-k. I downloaded the icontrolAV2 app to my htc evo4g android phone and my samsung galaxy tab 10.1. When i would launch the app it would not recognize the AVR on my network. I would have to manually turn on the AVR then my androids would recognize it on my network and then the app would work.
The problem was turning the AVR on with the app. It would not do it or recognize the AVR all over again and give me the dreaded b27102 error.

I found a solution that worked without changing absolutely anything on my home netwrok settings or resetting anything.
Assuming you already have your amp setup with video signal to your tv and the receiver is wired to an active cable modem/gateway/router.
1, Manually turn on your receiver.
2, Turn on your tv and switch the video input to the input the receiver was connected to on the tv.
3, Grab your receivers remote and press the "home menu button". You will now see the receivers menu on your tv.
4, Select option 4-System setup> select option D-Network setup> select option 2-Network stanby> And switch to "on". My receiver came from the factory switched to "off".
And that is all. I turned on my AV2 app and selected the VSX-1021 and it worked great!
*NOTE- im only able to control my AVR with one android device running the AV2 app at a time. Hope this helps everyone out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2012, 07:42 PM

This is very disappointing news. I've had my iPad connected to my VSX 1021 and using it successfully, but the wife is at a disadvantage when I'm out of the house with the iPad. Just realized that iControlAV2 is available for her iPhone, but I can't get it to connect (receiving the B27102 error). Really, only one remote at a time?
Old 05-16-2013, 02:03 PM

I have a new VSX-1123-k installed and have installed the iControlAv2013 app on my Samsung Galaxy S3 but I can't get iControl to work. I get the following error and it locks my phone up and have to reboot it:

Network Error
AVR: Error
BDP:----
Error Code: B27102

I have an idea maybe it is my home network but wanted to see if anyone has ideas?

I have AT&T Uverse as Cable/Internet/Phone and a Uverse gateway which only has 4 wired ports, plus wireless.
In order to get more wired ports for TV, VSX-1123, and BD player I added an old Linksys BEFSR41 wired router behind the Uverse RG,
The Uverse RG are private IPS 192.168.1.x and I had to set the Linksys router for 192.168.2.x but the Linksys gets a public IP from the Uverse RG which are 99.97.x.x addresses.

Is my problem that the VXS-1123 is on 192.168.2 instead of 192.168.1.x?
My G3 wi-fi address is a 192.168.1.x address. Form PCs I can Ping the public address of 99.97.94.x.x but ping to the Linksysy address or any of the 192.168.2.x address fails.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:13 PM

How did you hook the ATT uverse box to your VSX-1123 receiver?
Old 06-28-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thr2 View Post

I have a new VSX-1123-k installed and have installed the iControlAv2013 app on my Samsung Galaxy S3 but I can't get iControl to work. I get the following error and it locks my phone up and have to reboot it:

Network Error
AVR: Error
BDP:----
Error Code: B27102

I have an idea maybe it is my home network but wanted to see if anyone has ideas?

I have AT&T Uverse as Cable/Internet/Phone and a Uverse gateway which only has 4 wired ports, plus wireless.
In order to get more wired ports for TV, VSX-1123, and BD player I added an old Linksys BEFSR41 wired router behind the Uverse RG,
The Uverse RG are private IPS 192.168.1.x and I had to set the Linksys router for 192.168.2.x but the Linksys gets a public IP from the Uverse RG which are 99.97.x.x addresses.

Is my problem that the VXS-1123 is on 192.168.2 instead of 192.168.1.x?
My G3 wi-fi address is a 192.168.1.x address. Form PCs I can Ping the public address of 99.97.94.x.x but ping to the Linksysy address or any of the 192.168.2.x address fails.

Any help would be appreciated.

Can you explain how you hooked your ATT uverse to your receiver?
Old 07-01-2013, 11:08 PM

I got iControlAV working. I was getting the same error code B27102.

I had to DISABLE DHCP on the receiver through the setup menu, manually put in an IP, mask, and gateway, leave the dns blank.

icontrolAV then connected first try.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ok. I can't connect after trying the DHCP thing, and my network standby is "on." All network services are fine. Getting Error Code B57113.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:33 PM

Oh and I can scan my network and the receiver shows up on it.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:30 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Thank you Texasmojo for posting.
I had to assign an IP for my 1123. I've got a dlink router connected to my AT&T 2wire.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:37 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
HI,

I use the iControlAV2012 which is pretty much the same and has the same issues as many of the other versions. Something that do that seems to work is the following:

- obviously make sure that first your network recognizes your receiver.
- Turn on the network standby (off by default), that setting is for accessing the controls such as internet radio on another zone should the receiver be powered off. It also allows your icontrol app to access the reciever if it is off or goes into standby mode
- Install the app on your mobile device
- Get the IP address of the receiver either through the onscreen interface in the network settings or from your network firewall app. Both will be the same. Something to keep in mind, I've had to do a complete power off my reciever and reset my router because unrelated internet issues so the IP will change on the receiver. For the most part this shouldn't be an issue
- Open the iControl app on your device and goto the IP settings for the device and enter the IP address from the onscreen menu you got previously and save it in there.

Now, here's the lame fix that seems to work. I will get that error even if you close the app and restart it, even once the IP has been entered.

The simple fix for the app to work, shut down the device and restart it.

Once you restart the device, open up the app and it will work. I've found this to be the fix on the android version, on Samsung devices as well as other mobile devices that are using the android version.

Hope that helps someone out.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:50 PM

I have tried everything in this thread and I'm still getting this same error B27102....

I just bought the SC-1527-K ..... iControlAV2013 = No connection what so ever and my Asus N-Router see's the receiver.

AVNavigator also see it. I have all my firewalls turned off.

Any suggestions?

Please?

I just realized this was for a different version.

Move this post or ..........? Mod?

Old 12-29-2013, 04:48 PM

It should be the same to fix your receiver. It does take a little messing around but once it's working it's pretty good. I've also had pretty good success with the Pioneer support staff.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:12 PM

This option is not present in the 2013 build:

"- Open the iControl app on your device and goto the IP settings for the device and enter the IP address from the onscreen menu you got previously and save it in there."

There is no way top open iControlAV2013 if there is not product to select after pressing "update"

Here are the 3 screens I get in the order of appearance.

I don't know what to make of it????????

Old 12-30-2013, 09:06 PM

Damn, thats 2013..... 2013 is not supporting the SC- 1527-k

The 2012 works flawlessly.

Old 01-07-2014, 05:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 63
I have the sc-67, I got an iphone last week and had itunes working fine over the network into the sc-67 as well as the icontrol app from both an iphone and an ipad. I didnt like the iphone for a couple of specific reasons, so i took it back and got a Galaxy s4. Dowbloaded the icontrol app and when I open it up, i get the error code b27102 AVR error code.

I turned the dhcp to off, but I had it ON prior to getting the galaxy and everything worked fine, turning it off has not changed the fact i can use the icontrol app from the ipad.

I manually entered the internet adress into the phone and it sees it is an sc-67, but it still wont work. I have no clue what to do at this point.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:13 PM

My wife has a Samsung phone, and I have sideloaded the android icontrol2012 app on my Z10. It seems to be unstable at times on the Samsung. The only way I have found to fix the connection issues with the Samsung phone is sometimes I have to restart the phone and it seems to solve the problem. I have network set to standby so that if the amp is powered off, the network is still able to access the controls without having to turn the power on the unit before it works. I have the SC-1227-k.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:46 PM

Ok so I spent hours trying to fix the same issues as above, then spoke to a very knowledgeable Pioneer Tech in Australia. 

I followed his advice and presto the App and Receiver are working perfect, at last!!

So his advice: 

1/ navigate to HMG and see if you can connect to internet radio? if you cannot get  an internet radio station streaming, or get network error, there is an error in the network,.This maybe due to a number of issues, change in password to the router, adding another LAN cable and device to the router, a firmware update..etc… 

2/ Two options,

A/ turn off the receiver, and unplug from mains power. Do the same with the router. leave off for a minimum of 60 minutes ( inbuilt capacitors may hold residual current to maintain settings in the  event of a power black out)

or, B/  do a system reset of the receiver (this is what I did) page 62 of my manual. you will lose all the Macc settings and configurations, but at least you will have attacked the route cause.

3/ delete the AV app from your IOS device(s) and re download the app as this deletes al saved (corrupted data in the app) ………….. presto all is good again.

Apparently you have to have internet radio working as it builds the system protocols for airplay, IOS app control etc. 

The receiver is designed to auto configure, so as long as your router uses DHCP, no setting changes need to be applied. but for info, System setup/network setup ipaddress proxy/ DHCP should be on and enable proxy server off. i didn't need to make ANY manual inputs.

For info my amp is an SC-LX85 (which is equivalent to the American Elite SC-77), but apparently if it is a network ready amp, they all have the same stem architecture.

Im using a apple time capsule as a router and iPad retina and iPhone 5 

Trust this fixes your AVapp issues.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Advanced Member

I uninstalled the app on my galaxy, reinstalled it, and presto... working.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:20 PM

..Good to hear…theres a lot going on behind the scenes!. Pioneer Tech informed me that the system is only designed to be slaved to 1 device (android, iPhone or iPad ) at one time and requires the previously controlling app to be closed before trying to open a the app on a new device, so if you leave the house and the other half wants to use another device….close the app on the way out the door, lest you will be getting a phone call!

i read on another thread that there is a possible work around by applying a fixed IP address to the receiver in your router set up, but I'm not that keen to mess with something that is working just fine!

Old 01-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Advanced Member

I am able to hook up using the ipad or galaxy now... makes no difference, I do not need to sign off with one of them.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:04 AM

Using both Post #1 and Post #10 solved my problems with the new android phone.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:34 AM

I have to factory reset my VSX-LX55 every two to three weeks. This is really troublesome as I can never configure amplifier properly. Anyone can share other remedies?
Old 02-25-2014, 05:04 AM

Hey guys,

I had the same errors before when launching the icontrolav2 app, but guess what ... Pioneer has been very unclear about their apps because i thought the icontrolav2 was the latest version.

I was terribly wrong!

Download the icontrolav2013 app and try again, chances are you'll do good with this one since this one supports the latest models, which in my case is the VSX-923K

Hope this solves a lot of your trouble.

Regards

Old 03-24-2014, 08:35 PM

Hi!, I can not make it work, you know if it is compatible with the pioneer elite SC-25?

Thanks.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:50 AM

Hi all with same problem like me. I have VSX-822 and i use PIONEER-ControllApp from my iPhone 5. Guess what-every day I spend lots of time to connect and control it. Now what help me after all-I switch off the network standby to off from the receiver home menu. Now is working great with no problems. Only think I have to do is manually press the start button and rest is from the iPhone.

Hope that will help you all.

Julian 

Old 04-10-2014, 12:53 PM

Hi everyone. My solution to the network error is to reset the connection between my Iphone and my home network. I have the Pioneer SC-71 receiver and the Iphone 5. I go to Settings on my Iphone, choose Wi-Fi and select Forget this Network. I then go back and select my Wi-Fi network again, add my network password, the icontrolav2013 app works perfect. The problem may be an Apple problem because I have a Belkin Wemo network light switch device that also loses connectivity (I use this device to power up/down my Samsung 65" monitor). Both devices (my SC-71 and the Wemo) will lose connectivity with my Iphone 5, but I will see the devices on my network. I can see the devices getting IP addresses when I go into my router and when I search for devices using my Win7 PC. I realized it was my phone not connecting to the devices. The resetting of the network on my Iphone has worked every time. I know this is not how it should work but for me it is a quick fix and lowers the frustration.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:37 AM

its work for my e turned off my 1128 k and wait for 5 mints turned it on and reinstalled apps on my Samsung galaxy

working fine

Old 04-27-2014, 01:14 PM
uh2

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I started getting this error after having this app work fine for the last two years. I couldn't figure out what had changed, until I tried to control the AVR with a third party app. I had went through all of the suggestions in this thread when I decided to launch this app and it also said it couldn't operate the receiver. Well, come to find out there was another IP address that it had discovered......my newly purchased Yamaha RX-V475 in the basement. Apparently, these app must be using some sort of broadcast to find the AVR on the network. My Yamaha is responding to the broadcast first, probably because of its position in the network. Unlike the iControl app, I was able to edit the IP address and once I pointed it to the right receiver, I was able to control it.

If you're getting this error, do an inventory check to see if you have something else on your network that is remotely controlled or can be put in a standby state.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:35 PM

I just set my 1123-K up and for two days could not get ipad access.  Found this thread and your note and I am in operation!

My major issue is taking advantage of Zone 2 or not.  I have a 5:1 speaker system in the main room with an additional 2 speakers in the outside deck ceiling.  I wired in a separate speaker volume control on the deck.  In most situations, if not all, I want the same music/source on the deck as in the main room.  but I want to be able to dial down the volume out there when appropriate.  At this point I get no sound out there.  I did plug the deck speakers into the main front speaker output on the receiver just to check and I got sound but that is not a solution.  

Any thoughts?

thanks in advance

Mike

Old 09-27-2014, 06:27 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by micrax View Post
<p>I just set my 1123-K up and for two days could not get ipad access.  Found this thread and your note and I am in operation!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My major issue is taking advantage of Zone 2 or not.  I have a 5:1 speaker system in the main room with an additional 2 speakers in the outside deck ceiling.  I wired in a separate speaker volume control on the deck.  In most situations, if not all, I want the same music/source on the deck as in the main room.  but I want to be able to dial down the volume out there when appropriate.  At this point I get no sound out there.  I did plug the deck speakers into the main front speaker output on the receiver just to check and I got sound but that is not a solution.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any thoughts?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>thanks in advance</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Mike</p>
I love the iControlav2 app with my 1021. Just got iOS 8 and now it doesn't work. Any ideas??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 1021 K 7 1 Home Theater Receiver , Pioneer Channel Av Receiver Vsx 1123 K