1Likes
  • 1 Post By splatee
Old 09-12-2014, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Trying to hook up Xbox 360 in HD to old Mitsubishi WS-55805

My friends and I are renting a house and one of my roommates brought an old 2000 55" Mitsubishi Tv WS-55805 that runs 1080i. Problem is we are not very knowledgeable about these kind of things so we can't get our Xbox hooked up to the tv in order to run HD with the AV cables that we have. I was thinking that maybe we needed a VGA cable since its an older model tv but want to ask around before throwing money into something that might not work and/or we might not need (we're all poor college kids). I'm adding a picture of the back panel of the tv . Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name: photo (3).jpg
Views: 1254
Size: 127.1 KB
ID: 259794
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2014, 08:06 PM
online-shashki Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanhockey8 View Post
My friends and I are renting a house and one of my roommates brought an old 2000 55" Mitsubishi Tv WS-55805 that runs 1080i. Problem is we are not very knowledgeable about these kind of things so we can't get our Xbox hooked up to the tv in order to run HD with the AV cables that we have. I was thinking that maybe we needed a VGA cable since its an older model tv but want to ask around before throwing money into something that might not work and/or we might not need (we're all poor college kids). I'm adding a picture of the back panel of the tv . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm an old fart & not really familiar with the 360 but if it has component outputs for video (these are red/blue/green) those would be connected to the same color inputs on your Mits TV-shown under Input 3. You'll also need to hook up the audio cables (red/white) under Input 3 for sound. Then hopefully the Xbox will let you choose 1080i resolution in it's menu--NOT 1080p. You should be able to pick up the cables any place electronics are sold, even Walmart. Hope this works for you!
Edit: If you can't choose 1080i on the Xbox maybe you can choose 480p. This won't be as good as 1080i but still an improvement over regular SD/480i.

Ed

Last edited by old corps; 09-12-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post
I'm an old fart & not really familiar with the 360 but if it has component outputs for video (these are red/blue/green) those would be connected to the same color inputs on your Mits TV-shown under Input 3. You'll also need to hook up the audio cables (red/white) under Input 3 for sound. Then hopefully the Xbox will let you choose 1080i resolution in it's menu--NOT 1080p. You should be able to pick up the cables any place electronics are sold, even Walmart. Hope this works for you!
Edit: If you can't choose 1080i on the Xbox maybe you can choose 480p. This won't be as good as 1080i but still an improvement over regular SD/480i.

Ed
Thanks for the advice!
I tried what you recommended and unfortunately was not able to get more than regular SD. I was thinking that maybe there was something i could do under the "High Definition Interface" part of the panel?

Old 09-13-2014, 02:31 PM
online-shashki Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanhockey8 View Post
Thanks for the advice!
I tried what you recommended and unfortunately was not able to get more than regular SD. I was thinking that maybe there was something i could do under the "High Definition Interface" part of the panel?
You can try hooking up the component cables over there and the audio as well--red/blue/green and red/white. Also,when you connected the cables under Input 3 did you change the input on the TV as well? Why don't you do a search to see if you can find the manual for the TV. I would think you could find it, maybe on Mitsubishi's site. You should be able to get HD if the correct resolution (and SAME) is selected on both the TV and your source--1080i. 480p would also be semi-HD. 720p is HD but I'm pretty sure it wasn't available on your TV. At least it wasn't on an older Mits rear projection that I had and my Son now uses.
Try posting in the "Don't dump your CRT TV" thread, currently right below this one. "Mr. Bob" is the resident expert on these!

Good luck!

Ed

Last edited by old corps; 09-13-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 21
On the xbox component switch where it plugs into the xbox there is a little slider switch. One position is for HD the other is for standard tv. Switch it to HD.
old corps likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
High Definition , mitsubishi ws-55805 , xbox 360