Forum Jump:
Old 02-20-2012, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter
online-shashki Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I've been trying to figure out what causes my wireless keyboard and mouse to sometimes become extremely unresponsive. It operates at a 2.4GHz frequency. I noticed the only thing I can do for the interference to go away is to take the batteries out and put them back in or reset the wireless connection using the wireless pairing buttons.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening? The wireless dongle for this keyboard/mouse is plugged into a USB hub; which is about 6 feet away from the PC. I also have a bluetooth dongle which is connected directly in the back of the PC. I would have a hard time believing that an RF keyboard manufacturer would make a product that doesn't respect Bluetooth 2.0 RF space.

If bluetooth is the cause of the interference, I might be SOL; as, I haven't found a bluetooth wireless keyboard/mouse combo that's as well designed ergonomically as this keyboard (one handed mouse operation).

This product goes under many different names: x-gene, Adesso, DSI:
http://amazon.com/Adesso-WKB-300.../ref=pd_cp_e_1

The only product I found that comes close to the ergonomics of this product is the IOGear 2.4GHz wireless keyboard; which doesn't use bluetooth either.
http://amazon.com/Wireless-Keybo...p_ob_e_title_3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 11:34 AM
online-shashki Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Take your pick, ranging from any wireless N/G network operating at 2.4Ghz to your microwave oven, lots of stuff can cause RF interference. Even your computer can sometimes emit electro-magnetic interference.

Try moving your USB dongle in a different place using an USB extender cord and see how it behaves.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think cordless phones also operate on that same 2.4 frequency

Old 02-20-2012, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a different wireless Adesso keyboard that just gives me fits sometimes but my Logitech wireless mouse has been flawless. Besides having wireless WiFi at 2.4, I also have wireless rear speakers at 2.4.

One of these days, I'm going to borrow someones Logitech keyboard and see if it works as well as the mouse.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Glad to know it's just not me. I'm curious what causes those "fits". Maybe it doesnt do a good job of protecting it's wireless connection as other 2.4Ghz wireless products. I guess I would have to take a gamble with the IOGear product. Its really too bad they don't make more keyboards like the X-gene design keyboard/mouse combo with one-handed mouse operation. Even with the IOGear product, I would kind of keep like I have to settle; since it's not as as ergonomic as the X-gene. Next time it starts to have a fit, I'm going to start unpluging other 2.4hz devices to see which one is that actual device that doesn't play nice with this device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janryAVS View Post

I have a different wireless Adesso keyboard that just gives me fits sometimes but my Logitech wireless mouse has been flawless. Besides having wireless WiFi at 2.4, I also have wireless rear speakers at 2.4.

One of these days, I'm going to borrow someones Logitech keyboard and see if it works as well as the mouse.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

GreenEyez, your suggestion works very well. I just bought a 9.8foot USB extension cable; hanging the USB dongle off of it. Now I can place the dongle anywhere. It's amazing how something this simple I didn't think of. Here I was trying to look for another keyboard; which I most likely wouldn't like. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyez View Post

Take your pick, ranging from any wireless N/G network operating at 2.4Ghz to your microwave oven, lots of stuff can cause RF interference. Even your computer can sometimes emit electro-magnetic interference.

Try moving your USB dongle in a different place using an USB extender cord and see how it behaves.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement