Forum Jump:
Old 11-27-2011, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, I know very little about this stuff so please "dumb it down" for me if possible. I have a Netgear USB Wireless Adapter lying around, model# WG111v2. I just bought a Black Friday impulse TV buy, a Panasonic Viera TC-P46X3. Is there anyway to allow this adapter to connect this TV to my wireless network? When I plug it in, it just says that a "compatible adapter is not found". Thanks so much for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2011, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Per the manual you should be able to use a USB Wi-Fi adapter. From the error message sounds like the TV does not support that specific adapter. I looked through the manual and do not see a list of compatible adapters. I assume using wired Ethernet is not an option.

From pg 36 is says to select :wireless network - Given the error message my guess is that will not work but if you have not already done so give that a shot.

Most likely you will need to contact support for compatible Wi-Fi adapters.

http://*********************/ima...3%20manual.PDF
Old 11-27-2011, 07:11 PM
online-shashki Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1801 Post(s)
Liked: 1136
A lot of integrated tv's require you to use their own, proprietary USB WiFi adapter. You can probably buy a Panasonic adapter for about $80 or less.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:28 PM
online-shashki Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
It has to be a specific adapter. Panasonic has one they make, Netgear did make one that worked with Panasonics; N600 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter WNDA3100.

http://netgear.com/WIFITV

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

Old 11-27-2011, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tschmidt View Post

Per the manual you should be able to use a USB Wi-Fi adapter. From the error message sounds like the TV does not support that specific adapter. I looked through the manual and do not see a list of compatible adapters. I assume using wired Ethernet is not an option.

From pg 36 is says to select :wireless network - Given the error message my guess is that will not work but if you have not already done so give that a shot.

Most likely you will need to contact support for compatible Wi-Fi adapters.

Thanks for your help. I didn't know if there was a way to do something to the adapter to make it work...I can't see that link due to the stars...can you retype it please? Thanks
Old 11-27-2011, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks a lot for the other help guys, it's much appreciated. I was hoping to get away cheap...I should have known better!
Old 11-28-2011, 09:20 AM
online-shashki Forum Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

A lot of integrated tv's require you to use their own, proprietary USB WiFi adapter. You can probably buy a Panasonic adapter for about $80 or less.

Anything more than $30 for a WiFi adaptor is a ripoff. You can always find them on sale. Hell, I paid $20 for a 300mps Wireless N adaptor last spring and it works great. This is why buying a device with WiFi already built in is often a better deal. I bought a Panny BD player with WiFi built-in that was $30 more than a WiFi ready model. But the Panny adaptor was $70. I needed a wireless connection, so I actually saved money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement