• 1 Post By imagic
  • 1 Post By imagic
post #1 of 23 Old 12-08-2017, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6851 Post(s)
Liked: 11768
Attend the X-Fi Sonic Carrier Demo at CES 2018, Get a Sound BlasterX Katana Soundbar

Do you enjoy 3D immersive audio? If so, online-shashki Forum members attending CES 2018 in Las Vegas will not want to miss the holographic audio demo of the Creative X-Fi Sonic Carrier sound bar system.

Not only are your ears going to be in for a treat, as an online-shashki Forum member who registers for the demo ahead of the show, you're going to be treated like a VIP and get a Sound BlasterX Katana gaming soundbar (MSRP $299 USD) for free!* All you have to do is belong to online-shashki Forum, register for the demo, and when selected, attend the demo.

At the CES 2018 Creative Sonic Carrier demo – which will take place at The Venetian in Las Vegas – you can expect to be blown away by the remarkable audio fidelity achieved by the Sonic Carrier system. I heard the Sonic Carrier with my own ears at CEDIA 2017 and its capabilities are unprecedented for a soundbar, so you'll want to hear it for yourself.

The Sonic Carrier is a 15.2-channel soundbar system with 24-bit/192kHz audio resolution. The audio technology built in is undeniably futuristic: its 15.2 SuperWide X-Fi technology delivers sonic holography that blew my mind, Atmos is delivered in 5.1.2 channels and provides a full 3D immersive effect, and a dual-10" wireless subwoofer with 600 watts of power handles bass. What's more, you can add up to three more wireless subs depending on your needs.

Words are inadequate to express how awesome the Creative Sonic Carrier Soundbar is. But the cool thing is that once you experience it at CES, as long as you are a registered online-shashki forum member who is selected, you'll get your own free Katana soundbar to enjoy. I have one in for review right now and can vouch for how good it sounds, so you will not want to miss this amazing opportunity that is only available to online-shashki Forum members who register.

So what are you waiting for? Click here to register for a demo during CES 2018. And if you are reading this plus attending CES 2018 but are not an online-shashki forum member, sign up now so you can qualify to receive a free Sound BlasterX Katana (You must attend the CES 2018 demo to get the free Katana soundbar).

*Register and be selected to attend the demo. Demo slots are limited, so register early. Selected members will be notified by email and Creative will send selected registrants a Katana after experiencing the demo. After attending the demo, we’d love to hear about your demo experience on online-shashki Forum.

Mark Henninger, Senior Editor at online-shashki Forum

Last edited by imagic; 12-18-2017 at 01:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 12-09-2017, 12:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Yep I want to go
post #3 of 23 Old 12-09-2017, 03:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 36
For $5500 how obsolete can it be since they just announced the new HDMI2.2 . A few yrs ago Meridian came up F-80 for around the same price, now most people use it as door stop

Last edited by Soccerdude; 12-09-2017 at 03:56 AM.

post #4 of 23 Old 12-09-2017, 07:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Being a tech guy, I would like to give something like this a listen to hear it in action. Pretty cool if you want some very nice sound in a bedroom and of course the WAF factor would be huge as compared to a full blown system.
Might see if I can make a work excuse to go out there...
post #5 of 23 Old 12-09-2017, 09:25 AM
online-shashki Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1383 Post(s)
Liked: 758
It doesn't have the new chips for HDMI 2.1 and products with 2.1 probably won't be seen until middle or late next year. HDMI 2.2 I am sure is in the works but not announced yet, the current version of HDCP is 2.2 so that often makes things confusing. Any way in a few years when 8K comes out you'll have to upgrade the sound bar But, that will be true of any sound bar, receiver and other HDMI equipment. That is one of my problems with HDMI for a cabling standard it should have enough bandwidth to handle future needs and new versions shouldn't obsolete other devices in the chain if you upgrade one piece. HDMI has aceraged a new version almost annually. Of course manufacturers like that you have to upgrade everything. HDMI is a terrible standard but we are stuck with it.
OzHDHT, jsgrise and sheshechic like this.

Last edited by Ellebob; 12-10-2017 at 12:17 AM.
post #6 of 23 Old 12-09-2017, 07:04 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1352 Post(s)
Liked: 1012
Unfortunately no way for me to get to CES, but I'd love to hear that thing sometime. Some of that curiosity is admittedly due to the price, as it's about the most audaciously priced soundbar I've ever heard of. You could design a killer traditional system for that amount, and I understand the gimmick here is the high WAF and simplicity, but I'd really love to hear how well it holds its own.

HT: Sony 940C, Oppo 203, Harman/Kardon DPR1001, Infinity Interlude IL40 x2, Infinity Interlude IL36C, Infinity MS-1 ii x2, Infinity MSW-1
Computer: Elac Uni-Fi UB5 x2, Elac Element EA101EQ integrated amp, SVS SB-12NSD
Dedicated 2-channel: Infinity Intermezzo 4.1t towers, Bluesound Node 2, Emotiva PT-100, Crown XLS 1502, Furman PL-8C
post #7 of 23 Old 12-10-2017, 12:28 AM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1383 Post(s)
Liked: 758
I heard it at Cedia abd was impressed for a sound bar. It won't beat a regular surround system but does hold it's own with the better sound bars. For surround effect it would be good to do a shoot out between this and the Yamaha 5600. The room and how everything is placed will also gave a big effect on how well the surround effect works.
post #8 of 23 Old 12-10-2017, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
To go to CES you have to be in the industry right? The average consumer cannot go. Is that correct?
post #9 of 23 Old 12-10-2017, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE Speakers View Post
To go to CES you have to be in the industry right? The average consumer cannot go. Is that correct?
Yes, one does have to find a way to get a pass as it is a trade show. You can't just show up.

post #10 of 23 Old 12-10-2017, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellebob View Post
I heard it at Cedia abd was impressed for a sound bar. It won't beat a regular surround system but does hold it's own with the better sound bars. For surround effect it would be good to do a shoot out between this and the Yamaha 5600. The room and how everything is placed will also gave a big effect on how well the surround effect works.
Speaking to that for a second, it seems the Yamaha is entirely dependent on bouncing the sound it creates through beamforming, so a shoebox room with flat, acoustically reflective walls is a necessity. In those conditions I've heard it create a full immersive soundfield.

The thing about the Sonic Carrier that amazed me at CEDIA was that after the regular soundroom demo was done, I heard a second unit out on the open show floor, with no walls or ceiling to speak of, and heard how Creative's processing created a virtual 3D immersive audio experience that remained convincing. How that translates to placement and room type remains to be seen, but the impression I have is the Sonic Carrier will offer a lot greater placement flexibility than that Yamaha.

And of course you have to add a sub to the Yamaha and since the sube Creative includes is quite serious, you'd have to know exactly what' it's capable of before shopping out something similar for the Yamaha. Doable, obviously... but the fact this soundbar comes with a dual-opposed 10" sub is notable. I know of no other soundbar that includes a subwoofer of that caliber.
OzHDHT likes this.

post #11 of 23 Old 12-10-2017, 09:10 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
Yes, one does have to find a way to get a pass as it is a trade show. You can't just show up.
Find a local independent retailer and become buddies they can get you a pass but.... I think the deadline is or has passed after that is so much harder. last time I went was 2014 got to meet with Scott Wilkinson. :-)
heyodee likes this.
post #12 of 23 Old 12-11-2017, 05:22 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 976 Post(s)
Liked: 544
Sounds really great another CES demo round. Now if only I could get my ordered early last year unit shipped I’d be stoked. So far as at this week only some consolation bonus Bluetooth headphones sent out from Creative totally out of the blue.. Hopefully next years the year for they ship in quantity for us early order folk
post #13 of 23 Old 12-12-2017, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I completed the register process for the demo and been going to CES for many years.
imagic likes this.
post #14 of 23 Old 12-13-2017, 10:25 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 122
post #15 of 23 Old 12-15-2017, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

100 registrations so far! That's $30,000 in free soundbars if everyone shows up. Let's keep it going folks, there's no limit... I'd LOVE to see HUNDREDS of online-shashki Forum members get free soundbars. Seriously.

post #16 of 23 Old 12-17-2017, 02:10 PM

Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
100 registrations so far! That's $30,000 in free soundbars if everyone shows up. Let's keep it going folks, there's no limit... I'd LOVE to see HUNDREDS of online-shashki Forum members get free soundbars. Seriously.
I registered on the first day and have not been contacted. Are they contacting us all or only some of us? Has anyone been contacted yet?
post #17 of 23 Old 12-17-2017, 11:05 PM

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlknez View Post
I registered on the first day and have not been contacted. Are they contacting us all or only some of us? Has anyone been contacted yet?
Me, too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Krister
post #18 of 23 Old 12-18-2017, 01:53 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by krholmberg View Post
Me, too.

My understanding is once you have registered, all you have to do is show up to CES 2018 (if you are attending) and check out the demo. But, I'll ask if there's a plan to send a confirmation email or something and let you know.
krholmberg likes this.

post #19 of 23 Old 12-19-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
My understanding is once you have registered, all you have to do is show up to CES 2018 (if you are attending) and check out the demo. But, I'll ask if there's a plan to send a confirmation email or something and let you know.
Hi Mark, any update?
post #20 of 23 Old 12-19-2017, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by krholmberg View Post
Me, too.

Quote:
Hi Mark, any update?
Yes, hang tight, folks who registered will be contacted with some sort of confirmation. As I understand it, working out CES schedules is a "happening right now" process.
krholmberg likes this.

post #21 of 23 Old 12-19-2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Yes, hang tight, folks who registered will be contacted with some sort of confirmation. As I understand it, working out CES schedules is a "happening right now" process.
Thanks Mark. Please let them know that Scheduling is starting to get a bit tight.
post #22 of 23 Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Cool.. waiting on a confirmation. Registered day 1 as well.
post #23 of 23 Old Yesterday, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Quote:
Thanks Mark. Please let them know that Scheduling is starting to get a bit tight.
Message conveyed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak30 View Post
Cool.. waiting on a confirmation. Registered day 1 as well.
Hang tight...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
creative , sonic carrier , soundbar