Forum Jump:
Old 11-17-2013, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've got a Polk Surroundbar 5000 connected to my Sharp Aquos LC-42D64U via digital optical cable. I've got my Xbox 360 connected to the TV via HDMI. I was not having any luck getting sound through the soundboard when the tv was switched to the Xbox input. I have had to run a basic audio cable from the audio out on the tv to one of the non digital inputs on the soundbar. Obviously, the sound is not great when playing Xbox. It sounds great with the digital cable though.

I tried every possible menu option I could find on both the TV and the Xbox before running the aux cable as a temporary fix. If anybody could help me get sound through the sound bar from my hadji xbox while using the optical out on the TV I would greatly appreciate it.

Polk customer support and Crutchfield technical support were no help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2013, 06:38 AM

Liked: 11
I think some Sharp TV's will not output sound from their optical outs if fed a signal via HDMI. It's dumb and a pain and I've got a house full of Sharp TV's! I get around it by sending the signal straight from my devices to the soundbar - if you use an optical cable from the Xbox, it will sound good.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:32 AM
online-shashki Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 38
The sound is better when connecting the sources directly to the sound bar as opposed to optical out from TV.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. A couple of things:

I also have an Apple TV and a HD cable box connected to the TV via hdmi and I get sound from the sound bar with the optical running from the TV to the sound bar. I just cannot figure out what is going on with the Xbox to keep me from getting audio with it.

When you guys say to connect directly from the source to the sound bar... This sound bar only has one optical input and two or three aux inputs. No hdmi. So I'm assuming that's not a possibility for me.

This crappy sound is driving me crazy as I play CoD Ghosts mad.gif
Old 11-19-2013, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Polk Audio Surroundbar 5000 Iht Virtual Surround Speaker Bar With Wireless Subwoofer