I have searched high and low for a solution for this. Sadly, I found one about 6 months ago and failed to bookmark it. One of those, OMG I found the answer but I was too excited to save it moments.
I have an LG NB3520A Soundbar hooked up to an LG 55LM7600. What I am trying to do is program the DirecTV remote to control the soundbar for volume +/- and mute. I am also trying to have it turn the TV on and off along with the DirecTV box.
Like I said, I had this working previously. None of the LG codes DirecTV provides work. Ive been reading that LG Audio Equipment codes tend to work differently than Soundbar codes.
If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be very much appreciated.
So in case anyone else searches for this, here is what I did.
To reset all the functions of the remote control to the factory defaults (the original, out-of-the-box settings), follow these steps:
1. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys at the same time until the green light flashes twice, then release both keys.
2. Using the number keys, enter 9-8-1. (The green light flashes 4 times.)
1. Flip to TV setting
2. Program remote for TV
1. Flip to AV2
2. Program remote for Audio Equipment
To Lock Volume to AV1, AV2 or TV
1. Move the slide switch to AV2 to lock the volume.
2. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys until the green light under the AV2 switch flashes twice and release both keys.
3. Using the number keys, enter 9-9-3 (the green light will flash twice).
4. Press and release the SELECT key (the green light will flash twice).
To control you AV2 device while on DTV setting
1. Move the slide switch to the DirecTV setting / icon to control your DirecTV receiver
2. Press Volume up or Volume down. The volume on your audio device should change while still on the DTV switch setting.
What is sad about this is that the DirecTV customer service rep couldnt tell me how to do this, yet all of these steps were found in the RC65 remote manual.