Forum Jump:
Old 10-29-2010, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any modification we can create for home theater ceiling. I read laser star have green stars. Also how about uncle Milton moon for space design ceiling.
Anyone here with any star projection for home theater?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2010, 12:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 66
I have seen the Laser Star Projector, or I think that was the one that I saw, at a customers house where I painted a mural. I thought it was really cool and way better than anything else that I saw. It did move a little too fast (kind of like a star version of a disco light), but was still fun.

The Uncle Milton moons are pretty cool too. I've seen those in homes and like them. It's nice to be able to change it to the different phases of the moon.

Your post is well timed. I was just about to put something about the laser lights in the "Fiber Optics vs Painted ceiling" thread.

The lights still might be washed out when the movie is on. But, it would be great any other time.

Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by krell101 View Post

Any modification we can create for home theater ceiling. I read laser star have green stars. Also how about uncle Milton moon for space design ceiling.
Anyone here with any star projection for home theater?

Thanks

Old 10-31-2010, 04:35 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I have three Laser Stars units situated around the room, which gets me pretty good coverage of the ceiling. I have a "lobby" lighting scene (using Insteon) which turns on the stars while lighting the room just enough so you can make your way to the bathroom/kitchen/etc. Using more than one star projector helps to cover the ceiling more evenly and make the grid pattern less obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krell101 View Post

I read laser star have green stars.

Yes, they're little green dots that constantly move around in all different directions. You can also turn on a blue cloud-like effect though it does make the stars harder to see. Keep in mind it looks nothing like an actual night sky and the color is not configurable. Also, there is no built-in way to limit the area that gets hit by the stars; you can aim the projector but it will probably bleed over onto the walls, screen, speakers, etc. That said, it's still a fun novelty effect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement