Forum Jump:
Old 01-04-2009, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone have any experience with these nailers? Good, bad or otherwise?
I'm starting my theater project for the basement and will be framing the entire basement as well as building a bar and theater and was looking for a framing nailer when I came across this set. Price is great but I'm wondering if thats because its junk.
http://lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...esc&lpage=none

My build thread
The "Big House" Build
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2009, 08:45 PM
online-shashki Forum Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 29
not sure if this helps

"Campbell Hausfeld produces the Husky line for Home Depot, and the Iron Force line in Lowes"

So I guess if you have experience with the Husky line of products then you kind of know what you would be getting here
Old 01-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I've used the CH framing nailer in my basement. It worked great, but it isn't top of the line. I don't have any experience with the other nailers, but my dad said that he wouldn't recommend getting a cheap finishing nailer if you want to end up with a good product. My CH framing nailer is blue, not red, so I don't know if it is a different model or just a new color.

My build thread:
The Maple Street Theater

Old 01-04-2009, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
guamguam, so you would recommend the fraiming nailer? Thats mostly what I will be using. I really dont want to spend a ton for a Hitachi or some other top of the line cause I probably will not be using it a ton after the basement project

My build thread
The "Big House" Build
Old 01-04-2009, 09:13 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have the blue CH framing nailer too.

I framed 1/2 of my 450sq ft basement with it (the 2 exterior walls were already framed), and also put up 200+ feet of fence with it.

It is great value for the price.... maybe 1 or 2 misfires in over 2000 nails fired.

P
Old 01-05-2009, 05:16 AM
online-shashki Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I have the "Iron Force" version of these nailers that I bought at Lowes. Mine was the 3 gun set (Framing, finish, brad).

They definitely do the job.

The one main complaint I had was that the framing nailer (in my set... they made have changed this in more recent sets) takes nail strips with a 21 degree angle.

My local Lowes only had large boxes (4000) of 3 or 3.5" 21 degree nails. I ended up using just over one box of nails. I still have a 7/8ths full box in the basement. Thankfully the boxes were relatively cheap.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:26 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 282 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4170 Post(s)
Liked: 3591
You might want to consider buying some factory reconditioned air tools. I've bought tools from Tyler all the time:

Get the upholstery stapler and staples while you are at it if you are planning on doing fabric wall treatments or false walls.

http://tylertool.com/noname99.html
Old 01-05-2009, 07:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I've been using one of these, it's a bit more pricey, but I can't begin to tell you the amount of time it has saved me.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamis View Post

I have the "Iron Force" version of these nailers that I bought at Lowes. Mine was the 3 gun set (Framing, finish, brad).

They definitely do the job.

The one main complaint I had was that the framing nailer (in my set... they made have changed this in more recent sets) takes nail strips with a 21 degree angle.

My local Lowes only had large boxes (4000) of 3 or 3.5" 21 degree nails. I ended up using just over one box of nails. I still have a 7/8ths full box in the basement. Thankfully the boxes were relatively cheap.

I liked the framing nailer and had no real problems with it. The 21 degree nail can be a problem, but one of the local hardware stores stocks them in smaller boxes here.

My build thread:
The Maple Street Theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement