Matt McRae has stated that "The VIZIO 2017 press event is on April 24th in New York and we will be pre-announcing some significant features that will roll out this Summer." It is unclear at this point what exactly the 2017 M-series will be and whether there will be some form of a re-badged "2017" P-series as well. We will know more on April 24th if not sooner.
The rest of this thread is purely speculation right now. It will be updated with accurate information as it is available.
In the past Vizio has replaced their previous year’s P-series with a slightly upgraded M-series at a lower initial price and with larger screen sizes as well.
The Vizio CTO has already stated in writing that there will be no 2017 P-series released in the spring and that the P-series is on a two year cycle instead. He also stated that they will still announce new products in the spring.
Predictions for 2017 M-series. **********Purely Speculation Right Now***********
1. HDR10 plus Dolby Vision support just like the 2016 M and P series. No HDMI 2.1 at release. Future upgrade to HDMI 2.1 not likely.
2. No Quantum dot technology and similar color performance to 2016 P-series.
3. Similar FALD Local dimming performance to 2016 P-series before beta release firmware.
4. Similar brightness performance to 2016 P-series.
5. Ultra low gaming input lag on HDMI 5. However, unlike the 2016 P-series the 2017 M-series will support HDR on HDMI 5 and it will offer exceptional input lag with true 4:4:4 subsampling. Vizio puts a high priority on gaming with their displays.
6. 1080p @ 120 FPS 4:4:4 supported on HDMI 5 as well as true 4K @ 60 FPS 4:4:4 with exceptional input lag.
7. Improvement to Noise Reduction and Video Compression algorithms as well as improved sharpening controls.
8. Improved Film(ie: 24 FPS) interpolation controls. This will allow users to improve motion handling in 24 FPS sources without causing adverse artifacts or creating too much SOE.
9. Same Remote and casting experience as 2016 P-series except for support for Youtube HDR decoding will be included this time.
10. Sizes ranging from 42 inches all the way up to 85 inches.
11. Prices ranging from $900 for 55” to $5000 for 85”.
So let’s hear what your predictions or wish lists are. Would you be interested in an 85” 4K display for $5000 from Vizio with these specifications? Do you think it will have more than this? Do you think it will have less than this? Do you think this model will be more or less reliable than in years past?