Forum Jump:
Old 08-20-2015, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Which are the better mounts - Sanus or RocketFish?

I work at Best Buy and am looking to get mounts for two 46" TVs. I assumed that RocketFish, being a house brand, were more generic and of slightly lesser quality than Sanus which appear to be a premium brand.

However, they both have equal ratings (4/5 stars) and the RocketFish mounts have 4,000 reviews where the Sanus only have 400 something. Is this simply bc they are cheaper and more people buy them? Both are comparable in price w my discount, I just want to get the better ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2015, 08:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Sanus is a nice brand I looked at them pretty heavily when I was looking for a new mount recently. They actually do UL testing on their mounts which many of the "lesser brands" skip. But they seem to be pretty pricey for what they are in most cases.

If you are just looking at reviews on the BB store that is pretty much what I would expect.

I would look for some reviews of the models outside of the BB website and see what you can find (you didn't mention the models)
Old 08-20-2015, 08:57 AM
online-shashki Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1285 Post(s)
Liked: 652
They are both good quality in my experience. Pick the one you like better.

Things to check is how close they get to the wall. How easy they are to adjust. How much tilt or what range of motion they have when appropriate. When dealing with smaller TVs make sure nothing has dimensions which will cause it to stick out from behind the TV. Make sure the mounting system is compatible with wherever you are planning it hang it. Lastly, make sit sure can hold the weight and support the VESA pattern for your TV.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekle View Post
Sanus is a nice brand I looked at them pretty heavily when I was looking for a new mount recently. They actually do UL testing on their mounts which many of the "lesser brands" skip. But they seem to be pretty pricey for what they are in most cases.

If you are just looking at reviews on the BB store that is pretty much what I would expect.

I would look for some reviews of the models outside of the BB website and see what you can find (you didn't mention the models)
So is it a pretty safe bet that Sanus are better than RocketFish?
Old 08-20-2015, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalto View Post
They are both good quality in my experience. Pick the one you like better.

Things to check is how close they get to the wall. How easy they are to adjust. How much tilt or what range of motion they have when appropriate. When dealing with smaller TVs make sure nothing has dimensions which will cause it to stick out from behind the TV. Make sure the mounting system is compatible with wherever you are planning it hang it. Lastly, make sit sure can hold the weight and support the VESA pattern for your TV.
What I'm confused by is the Rocketfish are more expensive yet Sanus bills itself as the "premium" brand.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:23 PM
online-shashki Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1805 Post(s)
Liked: 1136
Price doesn't always equate to quality. I've used, and am still using Sanus, and have had no problems at all. Works as expected and easy to install. I have no experience with Rocketfish. If that's the same Rocketfish that makes HDMI cables then they are definitely overpriced
Sponsored Links
Advertisement