Forum Jump:
Old 11-04-2012, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I hope title made sense. Basically my problem is that the screws in the back of the set (which I assume are the ones used when placing the mounting brackets) do not fit. Am I missing something here? Am I going to have to buy a new wall mount and re-install it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 12:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 24
The screws provided with the original stand is NOT designed for a wall mount screw. Those are simply screws to attach the TV to the stand base.

Depending on the configuration and VESA w x h, you could be looking at M4,M6,M8, etc screws. These screws are normally provided with the wall mount but they are available in hardware stores.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for quick reply. The screws that originally came with the mount are far too large to fit in the back of my new set. Couple questions.

1. How would I find out the size screw that is needed?

2. The original tv that was mounted is a 46". How would I know for sure the current mount can support the 55"? I can not remember as I purchased this mount 5 years ago.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Advanced Member

Check the manual on your Hx850 to see what VESA configuration it is and what screws are needed. I'm assuming it uses an M6,but I could be wrong.
I can't say for sure without knowing much about your wall mount. As long as it is VESA compliant, then the Hx850 should fit. However, if the Hx850 exceeds the maximum weight for its intended use, then that's a problem. If the wall mount was rated for a say 32-46" at a 100lb weight limit, but your 55" is 70lbs then it would work. But again, we don't know much about that specific mount so I cannot say anything for sure.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do-It-Yourself View Post

Check the manual on your Hx850 to see what VESA configuration it is and what screws are needed. I'm assuming it uses an M6,but I could be wrong.
I can't say for sure without knowing much about your wall mount. As long as it is VESA compliant, then the Hx850 should fit. However, if the Hx850 exceeds the maximum weight for its intended use, then that's a problem. If the wall mount was rated for a say 32-46" at a 100lb weight limit, but your 55" is 70lbs then it would work. But again, we don't know much about that specific mount so I cannot say anything for sure.

Could not find VESA information but did see where it would take M6 screws to anchor it to the wall (not wall mount). I assume that these will still be the same when using the brackets.

Also checked the weight of both tv sets and the Sony weight 47 lbs where as the older Samsung weights 67 lbs so should be good there.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:43 AM
online-shashki Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Code:
http://store.sony.com/p/55%26quot%3B-Class-%2854.6%26quot%3B-diag.%29-HX850-Internet-TV/en/p/KDL55HX850#specifications
Left column it states VESA hole compatible. Click on specification tab.

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses". - Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-04-2012, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

VESA is 300 x 300 mm?

That doesn't makes sense to me. Also went and the M6 screw that it says in the manual doesn't even fit.

EDIT: I'm guessing that VESA is the type of wall mount. Is it possible that the mount I have (over 5 years old) just isn't compatible with it?
Old 11-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member

Perhaps the wall mount is not designed to fit a 300 x 300 mm VESA mount. So none of the holes on the wall mount would directly fit the four holes on the back often TV?
Old 11-28-2012, 12:48 AM

Hello, I just bought the 55 inch hx850 yesterday and have the same issue. I currently have wall mount hardware that had earlier supported a more heavier tv. But I am looking for the correct screws that will fit the hx850. I would appreciate any guidance on how your issue was solved. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
haha! I'm doing a new stand (right angle mount out of plywood) and am ready to get screws. I found a screw in my lucky jar, and it fits and measures 6MM and the thead if fairly fine approx. 18 thds at 3/4" so 1" screw would yield 24thds. SO I'm out to get some M6 x 30mm screws that should have about 28 threads if my math is right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement