Forum Jump:
Old 05-29-2012, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone,

I bought a Sceptre X32 a year and a half ago during the Black Friday sale on Newegg (I think the TV was $199). The other day I went to turn on my TV and the screen had a red colored layer over everything I watched. Then it started blinking on and off (the power light remained on, the tv wasn't turning off). The screen goes black every 2 seconds for about 1 second then comes back on and repeats. Fast forward two days and the red tint has gone away and now it just blinks. When the picture comes in, it looks great as if nothing is wrong, but then it goes black. The audio still works. I tried changing inputs, different power and HDMI cables to no avail.

I called a TV repairman I found and he told me it's likely a power supply issue or the inverter board. I found an inverter board on eBay and am considering trying to install that to see if the issue is remedied. Is there a way for me to tell if it's the inverter for sure?

Thank you for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
There are a lot of different inverter boards. I'd probably say go call them up to make sure that is the correct part first or call them up for service. Compare your your prices and shop around.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Sceptre's service is a joke. I just wanted to see if others thought it might be the inverter board, then I could open up the TV and make sure I ordered the right model before trying it. If it's likely not the inverter, I won't bother. If it is likely the inverter, I'd bite the bullet and get the board. I wanted to see if others have had this issue and if it sounded like it might be the inverter.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey ive been having the same exact problem and i was wondering what you ended up doing. any advice would be greatly apreciated! thanks
Old 12-12-2012, 12:12 PM

i have the exact same blinking problem, i found that if i leave the tv unplugged for a few hours then its will start working again for about 10 minutes but the will start blinking every other second. with the picture an audio just fine in between flashes. has anyone found a way to solve this problem or are the any other helpful forums?
Old 12-12-2012, 03:08 PM

gentlemen check the power supply for swelled up capacitors I have seen many sets do strange things because of this. Capacitors are cheaper than whole boards usually a few cents to around a buck a
piece it would be worth it to look!
Old 01-14-2016, 09:53 PM

Liked: 0
Turn Sharpness Down

I had the same issue on my 40 inch Sceptre 4k, and the flickering went away after I turned down Sharpness. Turned it down to like 10 and the blinking/flickering is gone. Hope this helps you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement