Forum Jump:
Old 10-21-2011, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,
I recently purchased a Canon Vixia HF S20 from a friend. It included everything but the owners manual and the CDs that come with the camera. He told me I should be able to download the software needed from the Canon website, which sounded right to me. Turns out you can only download updates from canon.com and not the original software.
I called Canon and they said to call Pixela, the company that made the ImageMixer Cd for them. Pixela told me to call Canon. Called back and Canon told me they no longer have the contract with Pixela and no longer have free IMageMIxer CDs to send out to customers who lose theirs/need an extra CD. As of right now I'm totally screwed. Does anyone have the CD's with ImageMixer 3 SE that were included with Canon Vixia camcorders, or have an alternate solution? I have an HP laptop with Windows Vista premium Home, and at work I use a Mac G5 with OS 10.5.8. and 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2011, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milksteak View Post

Hello,
As of right now I'm totally screwed. Does anyone have the CD's with ImageMixer 3 SE that were included with Canon Vixia camcorders, or have an alternate solution? I have an HP laptop with Windows Vista premium Home, and at work I use a Mac G5 with OS 10.5.8. and 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

What makes you think you're screwed? I'm assuming you needed the software to transfer your videos from the camcorder to your computer? You don't need any special software to copy. Just plug the camcorder to your computer and use Windows Explorer to browse to the camera and copy the MTS files across manually.

Alternatively, you might be able to use your video editing software (Final Cut on Mac or Vegas on PC) to import the footage from your camera.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:24 AM
online-shashki Forum Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 32
From either the card/while in a card reader or via USB/with the AC plugged in...

Open the folder structure, navigate to the Stream folder.

Copy all of the mts file, paste them on your hard drive/or just paste the whole Stream folder and then rename on your hard drive.

You can use the free Splash Lite player to view the mts files. (search/download)

Once video scenes identified, you can rename each file to whatever you want.

If you recorded a long event and the files were broken up into chunks that need to be stitched together (a function of Pixela), use the free tsmuxer program; stitch together as "AVCHD" into one file. (search/download)

There's nothing special about Pixela, you aren't missing anything.

EDIT: Anytime you use the card with the computer; always initialize it in the camera after transfer. This will erase all of the video files, so make sure to back up the files to a second drive on the computer.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for your advice, I'll give these both a try over the weekend and post back with either success or more questions.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter

hey guys, thanks for the help. The videos were there all along, I just didn't know to look for the Stream folder/ .mts file extension. I guess I thought they'd be Quicktime or Windows Media or something. Maybe I should read the manual.
Splash Lite player worked great too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement