Forum Jump:
Old 06-14-2008, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm just purchase a Wii and a second remote. I CANNOT get the second remote to even power on. After changing batteries to no avail, I took the remote back and exchanged it. This new remote is exactly the same. It won't power on.

I went into the remote settings on the Wii, and the second remote isn't even recognized (no surprise).

Did I get two duds? Or, hopefully I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks for any ideas.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2008, 12:50 AM
online-shashki Forum Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Did you read how to "synch" it in the instruction book? I forget if it can be pwoered on and then you synch it or if you have to synch it before it will even power on. I honestly can't remember.

Also you could try unplugging the wii and plugging it back in becuase I've had this weird deal happen befoe where even the first remote wouldn't work and I had to unplug the wii and plug it back in. Also the wii has FROZEN and I had to unplug it with it still turned on. lol

If you press the power button on it does it blink at all? Or it doesn't even do that?

Got Talk (general discussion forum - someone add product reviews)

Got Zelda
Old 06-14-2008, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 View Post

Did you read how to "synch" it in the instruction book? I forget if it can be pwoered on and then you synch it or if you have to synch it before it will even power on. I honestly can't remember.

Also you could try unplugging the wii and plugging it back in becuase I've had this weird deal happen befoe where even the first remote wouldn't work and I had to unplug the wii and plug it back in. Also the wii has FROZEN and I had to unplug it with it still turned on. lol

If you press the power button on it does it blink at all? Or it doesn't even do that?

When I press the power button, it acts as if there isn't even batteries in it. I've swapped batteries and know they're good. I'll try the other things you mentioned tomorrow morning. Time for bed. Thanks for the help.

Mark

Old 06-14-2008, 03:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just open the SD card slot on the front of your Wii and you'll see a red button. Next, take the battery cover from your 2nd remote off and there's another red button. With your Wii powered on, press the red button on the Wii and then press the red button on your Wiimote. It should be synced now and therefore power on.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Basher and LocalBoy. It was a sync issue.

Mark
Old 01-05-2015, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
My 1st wii controller works good but second one does not work it have been sitting for like 3 months my friend wanted to play with me but the controller dose no come on at all the light at bottom dose not show either and the battery's are new
Old 01-18-2015, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by javirea View Post
My 1st wii controller works good but second one does not work it have been sitting for like 3 months my friend wanted to play with me but the controller dose no come on at all the light at bottom dose not show either and the battery's are new
read solution above
Sponsored Links
Advertisement