Forum Jump:
Old 11-19-2011, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter
online-shashki Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
As we know November 18 and after, PS3 and PSP are given games/DLC limit down from 5 to 2 limit of each consoles.

When you login to
https://account.sonyentertainmentnet...m/login.action
my PSN account is already showing the activated PS3 and PSP consoles in Playstation Systems of the left frame under Device.

Inside it, it shows all my PS3 and PSP that are activated by default.
Each PS3 box has generic name such as My PS3 System, My PS3 System 2, My PS3 System 3, My PS3 System 4, My PSP System.
(I have 4 PS3 and 1 PSP consoles registered to this PSN account).

Under Account, Media and Devices on the left frame, it shows:
Video: Activated System which is limited to one PS3 system,
Games: Activated System which are 5 PS3 system,
Music: Activated System which are 4 PS3 system,
Comic: Activated System which has none.

Questions for PSN games/DLC bought on Nov.18 and later:
If I buy a new PSN game now, it's now limited to sharing on 2 PS3 consoles. If I deactivate 2 out of 4 PS3 consoles, that will also deactivate all the PS3 older games/DLC/theme, etc bought from before Nov.18.

With single system activation/deactivation selector, there is no way to determine which console for older games on or before Nov.18.

What about retail games DLC redeem code? Does that follow PSN games 2 console sharing now? Sony didn't specify it.

I haven't bought a single PSN game since Nov.18, and would like to hear from anyone who has bought from PSN Store and also has 3 or more PS3 consoles to see how this really works.

There's also another issue that a deactivated PS3 console can be auto activated. Say, I only have PS3 A and B activated and PS3 C and D deactivated. If I download an older PSN game from before Nov.18 to PS3 C and D, it will auto activate both PS3 C and D. To become more complicated, I later decided I want PSN games bought after Nov.18 to be on PS3 A and C. If I deactivate PS3 B for the new game, all old games from before Nov.18 become deactivated. This dual 5 and 2 sharing limit is a mess now since the management interface on the web has single activation/deactivate button for both sharing limit standard.

My short version of this question is how to keep pre-Nov.18 PSN games/DLC sharing up 5 PS3 consoles while post-Nov.18 PSN games/DLC still co-exist among those PS3 consoles since there isn't way to separately manage the console activation.

Update: It turns out it is not possible to activate or deactivate any PS3 consoles over the SEN web site. All the web site is show your activated consoles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2011, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I cannot answer your questions, but I have my own. How can you tell which system on that page is what physical system?
Old 11-20-2011, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 832 Post(s)
Liked: 654
I thought we were supposed to be able to deactivate via PC now. When I clicked to deactivate my dead phat, I got the following:

Quote:

You can only deactivate your PlayStation®3 system from PlayStation®Network using your PS3™ system. You cannot deactivate it using a PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system or PC.

On the XMB™ menu, go to PlayStation®Network and sign in to your PlayStation®Network account.
Go to Account Management > System Activation > PS3™ System.
Select the type of content you no longer want your PS3™ system to use.
Highlight [Deactivate System] and press the X button. Your system is now deactivated.
Highlight [OK] and press the X button.

For more information or assistance, please visit PlayStation® Support.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:32 AM

Liked: 833
Yup, looks like Sony is being totally fraking retarded yet again. What is up with the Japanese and web 2.0,e specially when it comes to device manufactures and videogame devs?

Why aren't serial numbers listed? And why can we not activate and deactivate systems through the web?

I have two dead phats that need to get deactivated.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:12 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Yup, looks like Sony is being totally fraking retarded yet again. What is up with the Japanese and web 2.0,e specially when it comes to device manufactures and videogame devs?

Why aren't serial numbers listed? And why can we not activate and deactivate systems through the web?

I have two dead phats that need to get deactivated.

Yeah I went there expecting serial numbers so I could deactivate 2 phats that I no longer have. But noooooooo, PS3 1, 2, 3, and 4. WTF????? And you cant deactivate from the web????? How effing stupid!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2011, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 15
What Sony should have done is display last 4 digits of the serial number for each of the console when managed on the web. They have the full serial numbers for every PS3/PSP that has been activated.

If I read correctly from other replies here is it's only an illusion on the web page that we can deactivate the console.

I still wonder what will happen if I buy new PSN games on an account that already has 4 activate PS3 consoles.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:33 PM

Liked: 37
That's really ******.

The way it was in the past was that deactivation was all or nothing. You couldn't select individual consoles to activate/deactivate (other than through the unit itself). You had to call Sony and deactivate all consoles, not just one or two.

It sounds to me like that's still the case. What a mess.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
Old 11-20-2011, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

That's really ******.

The way it was in the past was that deactivation was all or nothing. You couldn't select individual consoles to activate/deactivate (other than through the unit itself). You had to call Sony and deactivate all consoles, not just one or two.

It sounds to me like that's still the case. What a mess.

There is an option under account (on the link in the OP) to deactivate all consoles.

PSN - Mr_Frisch
XBL - Mr Frisch
Steam - Sneaky Pete
Old 11-20-2011, 05:44 PM

Liked: 22
I agree. The new website is 100% worthless. For the devices, they should show what date the device was activated (as this will help people identify them), the model number of the device, and all the relevant information that Sony keeps in their database for each device. We should also be able to individually deactivate them ON OUR COMPUTERS. Finally, since they've decided to lower the number of consoles that our purchases can be used on, we should be able to decide for EACH ITEM WE'VE PURCHASED what console it should be activated on. E.G. by going to the media tab on this website, we should be able to see for each DLC item we have what consoles it is activated and usable on. From that list, we should be able to say "Nope. Don't want this on this system." This way, if there was a time where our accounts were compromised and somebody signed on with our accounts and downloaded our former purchases (thus taking up one of our console activations) we can remove it from that specific console without having to go through our whole deactivation crap. Even if you don't have your credit card info stored, if they can log in to your account and download your stuff, they can remove one of your "uses" of that item. We should be able to deactivate all that stuff online.

If Sony had thought this out a little bit more, they could have had a VERY useful system online that we could use to manage our accounts when we aren't physically in front of our PS3s, or if our PS3s died or were stolen before we could de-activate them.

This was very poorly done by Sony.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement