Forum Jump:
Old 08-07-2017, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
NFL Sunday Ticket and Xbox

I have DirecTV service at home, and subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket. Even though I get my "team", the Packers, through my local channels, I like to be able to decide which secondary game I want to watch, and I also really like the multiple games on one screen that NFL Sunday Ticket offers.

While the Packers are my local team while I'm at home, and therefore their games are blacked out on the Sunday Ticket feeds, at my cabin, they are NOT the local team. That would be the Vikings. While I do not have TV service there (I suppose I could add a 2nd satellite service there, but the Vikings would still be the "local" team), I do have Internet access and an Xbox 360.

I know I can watch the Sunday Ticket games through the Xbox, but I'm just wondering if the Packers would still be blacked out as my "local team".

I guess what I'm asking is, for watching Sunday Ticket through the Xbox, are the "local" teams determined using my billing address (and then the Packers are my local team and blacked out through Sunday Ticket) or does it use the physical location of the device using to access (the IP address) the service to determine the local team (and that would be the Vikings).

I guess what I'm asking is: Will I be able to watch the Packers at the cabin or not?

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2017, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I'm gonna guess that the Xbox app is probably going to ask you to enter your DIRECTV account in order to log in to watch. So more than likely your packers might be blacked out. Is this your first year getting the ticket ?
Old 08-08-2017, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k02c5 View Post
I'm gonna guess that the Xbox app is probably going to ask you to enter your DIRECTV account in order to log in to watch. So more than likely your packers might be blacked out. Is this your first year getting the ticket ?

I had it last year too, but never had the situation where I'd be, potentially, away from home when the Packers played on Sunday afternoon. I've gotten an answer from another site that indicates that it's the log on location (IP Address) that determines it. The person says they are in the exact same situation (DirecTV and Sunday Ticket subscriber, Xbox, and a secondary location where the "local" team is different) and they said I should be just fine.

Thanks for the response!

Tony

Old 09-18-2017, 11:12 AM
online-shashki Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 432
I was bummed to fire up my 360 yesterday and find that the Sunday Ticket app no longer works on it.

And was bummed to find out I can't put fantasy football or other scores on the Snap bar on my XB1, but I guess thats another thread.

My basement media room and bar
Epson 2030, Onkyo TX-NR626, and Kodi based system

Mironto's Panasonic plasma black level restoration guide
Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
Sponsored Links
Advertisement